cant install update of UK maps — TomTom Community

cant install update of UK maps

atter666atter666 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
not really sure what i am using--its an SD card from a renault espace which guide calls carminat tomtom. had worked fine until i tried to update the maps. i paid £69 for 1 year sub and tried to install what i thought was western europe including the UK and Ireland but it only loads all but the UK and i am much worse off! why won't it load UK of all things and can i simply reset to the original maps if nothing else?
Tagged:

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,500 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @atter666

Welcome to the community!

If you have installed the Western Europe map then UK and ROI should be installed as well.

When planning a route on your device have you tried to tap on the flag icon on the right top corner to change the country. You might have to scroll down to find it in the list.

Regards
    Vikram

• atter666atter666 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi-thank you for the reply. yes i clicked on the French flag! and scrolled down very excitedly, but all the countries except UK ROI are there!
    That is strange..

If you go into the main menu- Status and information- version information > What do you see under Maps?

I have also activated a separate map of UK and ROI for the device but this should really not be needed :/ if you have the Europe western zone installed.

Regards
    Vikram
    Hi when i tried to install the UK and ROI which you made available it started but then said in red cannot create folder J/united kingdom...
    what am i doing wrong?

is it possible to talk on the phone to you?
    thanks
    Simon
    when i checked the card on the car it said south western europe installed
    i have now installed western europe and sucess!! that does include UK and NI. the map and description of south western europe suggested uk included but on mine it wasnt!
    how do i access 'Live' services
    Good to know this is sorted.

For LIVE Services you need to have an active subscription on your account, you can order the service here- https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/live-services/

Regards
    Vikram