Indoor cycling calculating distance — TomTom Community

Indoor cycling calculating distance

LluisjbLluisjb Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi everyone
I just bought a cadence sensor for my indoor bike, and paired it with my Tomtom runner 2. When starting the activity the watch finds the sensor and records cadence activity, with ir doesn't register any distance or speed data. I adjusted wheel measures. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Best Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,339
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Lluisjb wrote: »
    It is only a cadence sensor, not speed, I thought it could also calculates distance with pedals per minute. Thanks for your help

That is not possible as pedal strokes do not correlate to tire rotations unless you are on a single speed bike. The back tire travels a different distance on each pedal stroke depending on what ear you are in.

Answers

• LluisjbLluisjb Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It is only a cadence sensor, not speed, I thought it could also calculates distance with pedals per minute. Thanks for your help
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,339
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Lluisjb wrote: »

That is not possible as pedal strokes do not correlate to tire rotations unless you are on a single speed bike. The back tire travels a different distance on each pedal stroke depending on what ear you are in.