My screen doesn't work anymore unless I touch it, how can I solve this? — TomTom Community

My screen doesn't work anymore unless I touch it, how can I solve this?

This morning my screen suddenly became empty in the middle of a training. I thought the screen just stopped working for some reason and I did a reset to factory settings, but it didn't help. And then when I touched the screen I realized that the it still works but only as long as I touch it. So in fact the watch is working perfectly, only the screen is troubleshooting. Has anyone got this problem before and knows how to solve it?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,034
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Renate_v
    Welecome to the site....
    Have you activated something like a screen saver ???

ATB YFM
  • Renate_vRenate_v Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @YamFazMan No, I haven't changed anything to my watch
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,472
    Superusers
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Renate_v
    Welecome to the site....
    Have you activated something like a screen saver ???

ATB YFM

Watches don't have screen savers.
  • p0tt3rp0tt3r Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    seems like this is a common fault, "Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the item you sold me is faulty. I would like a repair/replacement/part-refund." I have started a dialogue to get mine repaired/replaced/refunded
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,472
    Superusers
    p0tt3r wrote: »
    seems like this is a common fault, "Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the item you sold me is faulty. I would like a repair/replacement/part-refund." I have started a dialogue to get mine repaired/replaced/refunded

Good luck with that. The warranty still applies and if the watch worked, even for a limited period it would be considered satisfactorily quality and fit for purpose. It would be on you to prove you did nothing to damaged it and that is was faulty from day 1 with no actions of your own to cause it. And in any case, TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago and at best they may give you a refurbished model. Time to move on.