Unorthorised purchase — TomTom Community

Unorthorised purchase

UmmagummaUmmagumma Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hi, There has been an unorthorised purchase on my TomTom account via Paypal. I have reported this to PayPal but do you think TomTom support should also look in to this. The amount is only small but I'm still concerned. I have changed my passwords on TomTom and PayPal. Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,493 Superusers
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,253 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Ummagumma

I reviewed your account which shows that the charge is for a recurring subscription for Speed Camera Services.

See: https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/maps-services/shop/speed-camera-updates/world/

If you wish to stop/cancel the subscription then please get in touch with our customer service(LIVE chat).

Regards
    Vikram
  • UmmagummaUmmagumma Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi Vikram, I have not set up a recurring subscription. I no longer use my old Satnav and havn't for many months. The only speed camera updates I've had in the past were for a 15 month one and that has expired.
    When I log on to my TomTom account it says i do not have any subscriptions. I believe this has been a mistake somewhere on your systems. You say if i want to cancel I can use the "Livechat" where is this please as I can only find a BOT chat. Can you supply me with a phone number or email address please. I want this investigating please.
    Hi again Vikram,

I appreciate the problems we all have at the moment with communication and Covid 19, but I would really like this issue sorted out.

If I delete my TomTom account will that stop them taking anymore money? There is no Live chat (with a human) No Phone support and no email address.
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,718 Superuser
    @Ummagumma

Please note that the UK chat hours are:-

Monday - Friday: 09.00 AM - 05.30 PM BST
    Saturday - Sunday: Closed

or try this link to email them https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4757/p/5007/es/0
    Good Morning Niall,
    Thanks for that I'll give it a try as I've got nowhere with anything else. I've tried TomTom twitter account with no luck. The Moderator VikramK mentioned using live chat but I cant find that only a bot chat, do they actually have a Human live chat?
    Niall, Thank you so much for your help, I managed to use the online chat and they have said its now all sorted and they will issue a refund.