Connecting to Live Traffic via WIFI — TomTom Community

Connecting to Live Traffic via WIFI

Live Traffic no longer appears to be available even when my TomTom Go 5200 is connected to my iPhone Personal Hotspot. Under settings, my device tells me that Traffic and Speed Cameras are both activated, however GPRS is disconnected. Does my account or profile have to be updated to make Live Traffic available?
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,747 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @Steve2282

You do not say where you are but assuming the 2g system is working there then you should get the traffic data via the inbuilt mobile sim or Wifi. If you are checking this whilst your unit is connected to your Wifi then the unit will say the GPRS is disconnected. The unit should Connect to the GPRS when out of range of your Wifi.

I would firstly go outside, out of range of the Wifi, and with a clear view of the sky all around try a Soft Reset ie with the unit fully charged or attached to a power source turn the unit on then when working Hold the On/Off button in for about 20+ seconds until you hear the Drumroll sound then let button go. The unit will restart and be left still for up to 30 minutes to see if it connects to the GPRS etc.

If that does not resolve the problem then a Factory Reset would be my next step.

Firstly go to the MyDrive webpage and log into your account and check that your Favourites (MyPlace) and any POI and Route files you have on your Go5200 are Stored there. Then when fully charged or attached to a power source go:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

This will return the device to the out the box situation but without changing the current Operation an Map versions. You will now have to set it up again and when finished the device should reload to itself your Favourites etc once it has Connected to your Account.

If after all this it still does not connect for Traffic then try contacting Customer Support to check your account settings.

Doug
  • Ives GastonIves Gaston Posts: 11 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited June 13
    Have the same problem with the Tom-tom premium, once connected with WIFI no way to get GPRS back, a reset helps but it is not a very handy way. I have a discussing running with tom-tom about that matter.
    It simply must work as a smartphone there you can chose if you want to connect with WIFI or GPRS.