Updating map on GO 60 with SD card — TomTom Community

Updating map on GO 60 with SD card

The recent North American map update for my Go 60 was too large for my installed 8Gb SDHC card. So I downloaded a smaller version (w/o buildings) on my device which works. I then installed a 32Gb SDHC card and it was recognized and formatted in the device. MyDrive Connect recognizes the new SDHC card so I tried to install the full North America map version. The update starts and then stops at about 5% and hangs up in limbo. The device disconnects and reboots but cannot reconnect and will not start on its own because there are no longer any maps installed. I've retried several times but insanity has set in.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Thanks.

Answers

• SisyphusSisyphus Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your help Doug but the same thing happens; installs about 5% of the new map and then keeps disconnecting and will not reconnect unless I restart the app. Does the same thing when I try to repair the map.

I'm using a PNY 32Gb SDHC but thinking of trying a Sandisck 16Gb SDHC???
  • SisyphusSisyphus Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Successful update with the Sandisk 16 Gb SDHC card. Apparently, TomTom did not like the PNY card.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,747 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @Sisyphus

Glad you are sorted. You are not the first to find the odd make of SD card does not work in a Tomtom.

Maybe @VikramK could add a small map to your account which you could load to your unit. It will be loaded on the internal memory and so if you have a problem updating the main map and lose it You have the small map there to help you operate the unit normally and so can sort the problem out. Without the small map you could finish up in the No Map Found situation.

Have a look back here to see if Vikram has responded.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,500 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Sisyphus

As Doug suggested, a small map of Venezuela has been activated for your device. If you have this installed on the internal memory then the device it will avoid the no maps error.

Regards
    Vikram