GO 6000 cant install any maps — TomTom Community

GO 6000 cant install any maps

edd200sxedd200sx Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
edited June 2019 in Map installation
so i fitted new sd card, because update was big.
it wont see the sd card in home.
ive tried every fix on the forum an internet and nothing fixes it.

i cant install to device memory because even smaller size maps are too big.

another bricked tomtom
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,747 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @edd200sx

Have you formatted the new card for maps in the Tomtom unit. Tap menu, Tap Settings, Tap System and Tap format memory Card.

Is the Card a Micro SD Class 10 memory card sized 16gb or maximum 32gb as you will need those sizes to be able to download the latest European map.

Finally is the Card a Sandisk , Samsung or similar major make as it has been known for some lesser known makes to not work in Tomtom units. and did you get it from a reliable source to avoid fakes which are around.

Doug
  • edd200sxedd200sx Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    The Tom Tom is unresponsive and says no maps available and I can’t get into menus.

I’m going to try another sd tomorrow and go from there.

Would it still be unavailable in mdc if it wasn’t smaller than required.?
  • edd200sxedd200sx Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Thanks doug.

So admins can add me a small map on my account if it still can’t install with new sd?
  • David121David121 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi I have a TomTom Go 5100. I get no maps banner appear on my screen after attempting a new map download. So I followed the above video on youtube, however when I sign into MyDrive Connect, it automatically goes to the download screen at 7% progress. There is no way for me to go back to the main MyDrive Connect screen to inspect what is on the TomTom and to remove the corrupted map.

What do I need to do to go to the main MyDrive screen after logining in?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,749 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited March 20
    Hi
    @David121
    Welcome to the site....
    The GO 5100 is a NAV4 Device with 8GB of On-Board Memory... The Full Europe map size is now 9GB+ and exceeds the device memory, you will need to install a 16GB or 32GB (Max size) Class10 Micro SDHC Memory card....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check for any live Map subscriptions and if required will allocate a small Map to act as a keeper
    Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,500 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @David121

The GO 5100 model you have, comes with Lifetime world maps. To avoid the Catch 22 situation, try installing a smaller map like Venezuela onto the internal memory as a back up.

Regards
    Vikram