MyDrive software on PC no longer defaults to display my home location. — TomTom Community

MyDrive software on PC no longer defaults to display my home location.

UltegraDi2UltegraDi2 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
As from yesterday, when I open MyDrive it shows my location as being in Worcestershire, but it always used to show my home location in Dorset. On my GO 5100 everything is fine.
It's actually quite a nuisance as I do quite a lot of route planning in MyDrive.

Does anyone know how to restore the default opening page so it shows my actual, Home, location?

Comments

• ib12ib12 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a similar problem as my home location is showing in a field.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    switch off the location tracking in your browser.
    Mostly the point of entry of the internet provider is shown by the IP address as current location
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited March 2020
    Hi
    @ib12

Re... MyDrive Web Route planner/Geo Location....
    The... 'You are here' Icon
    I turned mine off ages ago when the MyDrive Web Route planner decided that I lived in a different town 30 + Miles away
    According to Google Street view my Geo Web Location is a tiny brick building at the end of a Cul-de-sac on an industrial estate... its where my Internet Provider connects to the Internet

The first time you used the MyDrive Web Route planner a small window opened to ask you if you wanted to use your present location as your default location... This is called Geo-Location I guess you answered yes

Geo-Location Settings
    Which Web Browser are you using for the MDW Route planner....

Microsoft (Edge) Windows....Click on the Windows Start button --> Setting --> Privacy --> Location
    c17f86ed-5318-46b4-8576-3e6a80d2db99.png
    Firefox....
    016f413b-1b08-4962-a1ad-03fa0ba0c6b8.png
    Chrome....
    253d688f-7831-4be8-ae1c-065d9f4f1fda.png
    ATB YFM
  • UltegraDi2UltegraDi2 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    I resolved this months ago. The issue was BT sent me a replacement modem (which wasn't required, but they couldn't resolve an issue I had.......useless!), and the modem was apparently refurbished and had previously 'registered' itself with Google at it's previous location.
    After 20 years of rubbish BT modems and numerous problems I've now got a TP link...........works perfectly, no more frequent disconnects, losing the the 5Ghz, or failing to see my location correctly should I allow it.
  • UltegraDi2UltegraDi2 Posts: 18 [Master Explorer]
    ib12 wrote: »
    I have a similar problem as my home location is showing in a field.

Despite having resolved my issue, (see my other post), every week or so my location has shifted to the middle of a field about half a mile away, no road, buildings, cabinets or anything, but after restarting MyDrive it usually finds my correct location.