Go Mobile App and OV2 files — TomTom Community

Go Mobile App and OV2 files

bointonbointon Posts: 12 [Master Traveler]
mydrive doesn't connect to "TomTom Go mobile for Android" and so which directories on my SD card do I add the ov2 files to be able to select them on the app?

Comments

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 269 [Exalted Navigator]
    Depends on what version you are using. used to be Android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/pois but since I did a clean install of 2.0.7 that doesn't work anymore.

Frustrating.
    I'm thinking 2.0.7 has broken the ability to manually install personal POI ov2's. There is a system/data/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/ directory that I cannot access. I can't root as my minders won't let me.
    edited March 2020
    I have also tried android/data/com.tomtom.gplay.navapp/files/files/personal/pois and that does not work either. Matter of fact, I have a pois directory now copied all over the place on my phone.

I have started de-compiling my most important POI ov2's, editing them in Excel, and saving them as .txt files. Although an annoying solution. I can open the .txt, copy the geo coordinates, paste them into the TomTom search window, and then GO.

Find it stunning that TT won't at least have a Search function in MyPlaces Contacts. So many ways to fix this but nuth'n happening.

I note this is regarding 2.0.7. 1.18.1 worked fine until I totally deleted it to force an install to Main Memory as Go kept crashing. Sideloading POI's in the earlier versions of 2.0 worked but not for me anymore. Not making the effort to return to 1.18.1 as my subscription expires in ten days. Up a creek without a paddle.