TomTom XXL IQR updates — TomTom Community

TomTom XXL IQR updates

If you are ending support for my device, then how can you advertise free lifetime updates when I purchased this item. That was one of the reasons I purchased this item to begin with. Please send me for free a new device if you cannot support my existing device in which you stated free updates. Thank you.

Answers

• tonygrtonygr Posts: 41 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    It's all down to the definition of Lifetime. Unfortunately it is NOT your lifetime but as defined by TomTom.

As others will tell you this is a TomTom users forum and hence not a means of complaining to the manufacturer. If you wish to take it up with the manufacturer you will need to contact TomTom support
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,103
    Superuser
    Hi @jdspaeth5_

Tomtom have stated that any of the devices that have been declared as obsolete that were originally sold with Free Lifetime updates as part of the package then they will continue to provide the updates. If they have stopped providing the updates for your unit then call customer support and discuss the matter with them.

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST

Doug
  • newimperialnewimperial Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi everyone. I've just bought an XL + routes second hand. Ok so it turns out that Tomtom are not supporting the device anymore but it still works fine as a GPS doesn't it?
    I take it that there's no unofficial updates. Can Navit run on a tomtom and could it be used to update unsupported devices.
    Sorry about all the questions, I'm new to the world of GPS.

Sean
  • Davro111Davro111 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi, a friend that is not very computer literate asked if I could look at updating the maps on his. I know that tomtom are no longer providing updates for the lifetime updates but when was the last update. My friend hasnt updated since 2009 and perhaps there is something since then that may at least improve it to some degree
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,309
    Superusers
    For devices with lifetime updates, Tomtom IS continuing to provide map updates.
  • booogleybooogley Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I'm happy to be informed that "my old friend" is out of date since 9/01/2018.

When I purchased "my old friend" it had "Lifetime" map up dates, My condolences since Tom Tom must have passed on.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,103
    Superuser
    Hi @booogley

I am happy to inform you that TomTom have advised that any TomTom unit that has been declared obsolete but was sold with the lifetime map updates continues to be provided with that facility. If you think that you are due to continue that service then contact customer support and resolve the issue with them.

Doug