Please Help... Start 50 — TomTom Community

Please Help... Start 50

xcentricxcentric Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
hello can you help me. We did an update on the device today and it can't be turned on. it "frozen" into the logo and the computer can no longer see the device.
We also tried to do a soft reset, but it doesn't respond just restarts. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @xcentric

If you can get to the white print screen as shown in the Video then try this. The tricky bit is getting the timing of the 3 taps right. To get to the white writing you hold the button down longer when doing the Soft Reset.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • xcentricxcentric Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]

Thanks, we tried but it won't, after 15 seconds it restarts and no white letters appear.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    Hi
    @xcentric

If you have a Mico SDHC Memory card installed ???
    Try removing the Memory card....

Then.... try a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles...

ATB YFM
    Thank you, the device has been charged for over 2 hours, the memory card has been removed, when I plug it in and the drum roll can be held down and after 15 seconds it restarts.

After the update, she worked until we turned it off and she no longer wanted to turn it on.When plugged into the charger or connected to the pc it immediately switches itself on to hear the drum roll and stand as in the picture. When I try to hold down after a drum roll, it restarts after 15 seconds.97r5gh12wcjr.jpg