How do I reset my start 25 — TomTom Community

How do I reset my start 25

My start 25 will not reset to last known location. It is stuck on a location in Croatia but I am in UK. Has the devise now reached the end of it's life.

Best Answer

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,209
    Superusers
    Hi
    Make sure that the battery is still sufficiently charged and then press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds until the unit restarts with the drum sound.
    Then put the device outside for about 15 minutes with a clear view to the sky.
    Hope it works
  • speckledhenspeckledhen Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Hi
    Make sure that the battery is still sufficiently charged and then press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds until the unit restarts with the drum sound.
    Then put the device outside for about 15 minutes with a clear view to the sky.
    Hope it works
    Thanks I have tried that. Got the drum sound and the device will show the correct last known location and come up with the map showing the route. So all seems to be well until i press ok and it then reverts to Croatia and starts working out a route from there. It is doing my head in

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,209
    Superusers
    To set it to Factory settings: Tap Menu/Settings/Reset factory settings
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/html/en-gb/index.htm#Resetfactorysettings.htm
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    To set it to Factory settings: Tap Menu/Settings/Reset factory settings
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/non-LIVE/html/en-gb/index.htm#Resetfactorysettings.htm
    Thanks that seems to have worked but it is not finding a valid gps signal for some reason

We have still not got a signal
    Result. Thanks for your help.