TomTom MyDrive Connect- " Our servers are very busy press retry" - Page 5 — TomTom Community

TomTom MyDrive Connect- " Our servers are very busy press retry"

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,564 Superuser
    Hi @WalSue

I assume you have IOS13 on the phone so you will have a problem which has existed since IOS 13was issued. IOS 12 would work okay.

Doug
  • KarlMKarlM Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    It's been sat, connected snugly with my laptop - for FOUR HOURS.

Is this normal?

It's just sitting there - doing nothing.

It 'claims' it is 'downloading items' - yet it seems to be doing sod all.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 11,371 Superuser
    edited March 7
    Hi

Have a look to the banner at the Support side.
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/results/c/2903

jxfppqj3mzo2.jpg
    Why doesn't the MyDrive Connect give ANY information about how well or not the download is going? Surely that would be a basic good idea?
    I don't have that on my screen.

It would be useful if TT would employ a method of putting that information on the app... being as that's where all the work is supposed to be going on. I don't know why the information isn't showing on my screen that you've posted, but I don't have it visible here.

So now I currently have a brick as it is claiming to have no maps so I've been driving all day without it. Great... just great!
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 11,371 Superuser
    edited March 7
    I had to scroll up on the linked page.
    I use Chrome and have no blocker active.
    If I only open the link I do not see the banner either. Only after scrolling up
    Accepted Answer
    Right, possible work around...

By going to this folder (below), I managed to find the old MyDrive Connect app.

C:\Users\YOUR-WINDOWS-USERNAME-HERE\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3

I installed the older one, from 2018 and it SEEMS to be working far, far better than the new one. It did initially produce an error when updating (which already is an improvement over the current app). I retried and it worked.

So far, I've only updated certain parts and it isn't seeming to want to update the maps themselves - but other updates HAVE worked - so far.

• donfav6donfav6 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    device wont update service is not available pops up on device
  • Pharman007Pharman007 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I downloaded drive connect app and sign in and when trying to download navcon I can accept it for download but it just keeps spinning. Device says something went wrong and keeps spinning on my desktop! Trued uninstalling and installing the app. Once in a while desktop says servers are real busy try later or that there is a problem with the server and they are working on them. Any help? Thanks!
    Same problem for me tried all day today! Says they are working on the problem, if so and itis fixed I'll be happy!
    I am having same problem with my desktop!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,564 Superuser
    Hi @Pharman007

It appears there is an issue on the TT servers at the moment which may explain any issue you may have.

Doug
  • TTvia280TTvia280 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    For the past few days I've been trying to update my device with no success.
    My VIA 280 serial number is being seen in MyDrive Connect as a VIA 1535.

In total frustration I've factory reset my device and cleaned my PC with all data related to TomTom as well as the browser cache.
    I've even tried all this on a borrowed laptop that has never had any TomTom software on it.
    I've then logged onto the TomTom website and deleted my device which was listed as a VIA 1535.
    How did that change - it use to be VIA 280 when I logged in?

I then chose my product at https://au.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/p/3960
    "What are the first two characters of the serial number of your device?"
    BO
    "Your device is a TomTom Via 260 / 280 with 4GB memory and it updates through MyDrive Connect."
    Yes, this matches the sticker on the back of my device and on the original box it came in.

But after installing MyDrive Connect and connecting my device, MyDrive Connect says it's a VIA 1535.
    Everything after that is hopeless. Updates won't install, error messages popup and all the rest of the blah, blah, blah.

My VIA 280 has been working pretty much flawlessly apart from the occasional update glitch.

I'm tempted to create a new account to see what happens with that, but I'm concerned it may cause other problems regarding updates.
  • DownlandsDownlands Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there a problem with the server as my tom tom says service temporarily unavailable !
  • JeffGainesJeffGaines Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    There is a banner headline on TomTom UK help page:
    "It's currently not possible to update devices using MyDrive Connect, TomTom HOME or over Wi-Fi. We are working on a fix with high priority."
    Looks like we just have to wait.
  • stephenfallowsstephenfallows Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Absolutely unbelievable !!!

Thanks God these clowns are,nt responsible for a moon landing

To Coin A Phrase
    PIss Poor Service

I have 3 TT,s and wont be purchasing any more
  • Jukka_79Jukka_79 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi!
    I have Start 25, and I'm not able to update my navigation device.

What I get is error in navigation device: "Something went wrong... The service is temporarily offline. Please try again later". And same time error in MyDrive: "The navigator does not respond" "Disconnect and re-connect the device directly to computer" "Make sure the device is turned on".

I have tried with two different computer, two different usb cables, re-installed MyDrive twice, removed and reinstalled navigation device itself from computer device management, nothing helps.

Any ideas?
  • gaggygaggy Posts: 0 [New Traveler]
    But Tomtom home is saying update required from the developer
  • JeffGainesJeffGaines Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    There is a banner on the TomTom UK help page:
    "It's currently not possible to update devices using MyDrive Connect, TomTom HOME or over Wi-Fi. We are working on a fix with high priority."
  • TTvia280TTvia280 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank You
  • ilovelandolailovelandola Posts: 42 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I've been trying to update my Via 135 for the past three days with no success. I've uninstalled and reinstalled My Drive Connect a few times with no luck. I'll sometimes get the message "Our servers are very busy please retry a few times" then eventually the Tom Tom screen will display "Something has gone wrong.......This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later".
    Anyone encountered this? If so how did it get resolved? If at all!