TOM TOM GO 520 wifif and iPhone 5 — TomTom Community

TOM TOM GO 520 wifif and iPhone 5

The TOM TOM doesnt always lock into the iPhone so I dont get the up to date traffic. The My Drive and Mobile Data are both switched on which is the only way it ever works,

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,531 Moderator
    Hi @MikeDeRoux

Welcome to the community!

Does the connection keep dropping after a successful pairing?

Could you delete the pairing on the device and phone and start fresh?

I would also recommend that you do a factory reset on the device. (Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device)

Regards
    Vikram
  • MikeDeRouxMikeDeRoux Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram thanks for your help,
    I have reset the TOM TOM under systems/Reset Device and set up wireless connection. I have also successfully repaired my iPhone to the TOM TOM 520 Go. I am driving to Brighton tomorrow and see if it stays paired. When it drops out a cross (x) appears across the Finish Flag just under the Time display.

I also notice that under Bluetooth devices list two TOMTOM GO 520 show up but only one connects don't know if that is normal?

I always have Mobile data and MyDrive turned on whilst driving. I assume this is the only way it works?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,531 Moderator
    MikeDeRoux wrote: »
    I also notice that under Bluetooth devices list two TOMTOM GO 520 show up but only one connects don't know if that is normal?
    way it works?

As part of the pairing set-up you will be asked to accept two pairing requests. One for Bluetooth® Classic and another for Bluetooth® Low Energy. So that could be related.
    MikeDeRoux wrote: »
    I always have Mobile data and MyDrive turned on whilst driving. I assume this is the only way it works?

Mobile data is a surely required for the data connectivity, MyDrive is optional but it provides additional features so good to have that running.

Regards
    Vikram
  • bigbig Posts: 1,665
    Superuser
    On the iPhone I don't recall pairing requests distinguishing between regular BT vs BTLE but it doesn't much matter. One pairing request is for traffic data and the other is for handsfree and associated functions.

The traffic pairing pretty much doesn't work with iOS 13. There are work-arounds such as using the phone as a WiFi hotspot instead, but many of us iPhone users are waiting patiently for a fix from either Apple or TomTom.
  • MikeDeRouxMikeDeRoux Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Now managed to pair both the Tom Tom blue tooth requests on my phone and now it works. Don't know for how long but it stayed locked in on a 60 mile trip yesterday. So thanks for all your help and I'll see how it goes.
    Regards Mike.
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Great to hear that Mike.

Thanks for getting back to all of us and letting us know of your success.

Michael