constantly get servers busy try again --JAN 2020 — TomTom Community

constantly get servers busy try again --JAN 2020

LPtercLPterc Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
Not sure what is going on... but it would be nice to get some other response than "Our servers are very busy"
They have been busy for a MONTH. TomTom updates have always been SLOW - no matter what connection I try. Currently using 25MBS connection, hard wired system, re-installed MyDrive, deleted Cache (several times), manually removed the data apps program directory. I've spent the last 25 years fixing computers so I would term myself 'knowledgeable'. This is not even close to acceptable, and certainly doesn't present itself as a reliable device/company. I've used TomTom devices for over 10 years.
Via 1605 + 8GB memory card
Tagged:

Comments

• JamesS241JamesS241 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've been trying periodically to update my Start 25 and Start 42 since last summer. I too get only the "Servers are Busy" signal. I've uninstalled the program etc. as suggested in other posts and nothing has helped. Will there ever be a server that can handle the load? I've tried clicking the Canada link and the screen changes to French! I've tried to call the Canada contact number and only get a "circuits are busy" signal. I've had several TomToms over the past 10 years and never had these issues til last summer. Is it being fixed?
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,298 Superusers
    Try completely removing MyDriveConnect using the FREEWARE version of Revo Uninstaller. Get it here:
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Then get a fresh copy at tomtom.com/getstarted. Install WITHOUT the device connected to the computer. Connect the device and see if you can update now.

Phone support:
    1 877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST
  • LPtercLPterc Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    edited February 3
    thanks for the reply.... no difference. The issue seems to come from the server side with the horribly lagging response. The cache status.xml file reads:

<urls cacheSuspended="false" cacheSuspendedType="PND">
    <url index="1" href="http://download-ephemeris.tomtom.com/nav3/ephemerides/gps-fix-20200130-064001.ttpkg&quot; percentage="100" contentLength="71813" cacheLength="71813" statusCode="200" timestamp="1580673803" validationMandatory="false" downloadSuspended="false">
    <md5 percentage="100" contentLength="32" cacheLength="32" statusCode="200" md5checked="true" computedMd5Hex="886653c70e8b8678adcec291b9939120"/>
    <muid type="ODS">WNxxxxGxxx49</muid>

the cache show a content1 file of 71KB but NO update occurs and the program just spits out the "we are too busy thing"

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • ArtRoc42ArtRoc42 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Had that for days on my desktop. Updated straight away on my laptop. Both on wireless broadband at home.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,817 Superusers
    edited March 4
    Hi
    @ArtRoc42

On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller then Reinstall MyDrive Connect....
    Using the Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Or instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214

ATB YFM
  • VexedVexed Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks to YamFazMan followed your advice to the letter and now running on latest maps after days of frustration. Wished I'd looked on the community earlier

Hi
    @Vexed
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
  • Ola_Olsson1Ola_Olsson1 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Bad behavior by TOMTOM. Fix your servers, we have payed for this service.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,802 Superuser
    Hi @Ola_Olsson1

So have you tried the solution recommended by @YamFazMan in the post above which has been acknowledged as working.

Doug
    Hi
    @Ola_Olsson1

See my reply to your 2nd post....

ATB YFM