"Our servers are very busy right now" ? — TomTom Community

"Our servers are very busy right now" ?

Hi,

Every time I try to update my device I get a message saying that "Our servers are very busy right now" I've hit retry many times, closed and restarted the app, and even uninstalled and reinstalled MyDrive Connect. I've also tried all combinations selecting all some or just the smallest update, always with the same result.

Any one else having this problem (I see the last thread was in Sept 2019)? Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks
Jim

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,062
    Superusers
    edited June 11 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @JimB0b

I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnect the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button (Do not reconnect your device to your PC )
    (1.1)... If MyDrive Connect auto 'Starts when your Computer starts' (Default)... Then 'Right Click 'on the MyDrive Connect Icon on the PC Taskbar and Click 'Quit' MyDrive Connect....

9gc4io81mxon.jpg
    (2)... On the PC Press the 'Windows button' + 'R' Key
    This opens the ‘Run Box’....
    (3)... The Run Box opens... Type into the ‘run’ box.... %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are the most likely to be corrupted
    (7)… Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect...

A small Menu Window opens with 3 menu options....
    hskjc7anfu9d.jpg
    Important Option (2) Needs to selected for MyDrive Connect to work
    The 1st & 3rd options are optional (I always deselect both options and set up a Desktop Short-cut to Start MyDrive Connect, I don't want MDC running all of the time on my PC)
    (10)... Login to MyDrive Connect as if was a fresh install...
    Hopefully all should now be well

Note... You may want to create a Desktop Short-cut to the access the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders
    The full short-cut path Is here...
    C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here" \AppData\Local\TomTom

ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    edited June 11 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @JimB0b

I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...

It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnect the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button (Do not reconnect your device to your PC )
    (1.1)... If MyDrive Connect auto 'Starts when your Computer starts' (Default)... Then 'Right Click 'on the MyDrive Connect Icon on the PC Taskbar and Click 'Quit' MyDrive Connect....

9gc4io81mxon.jpg
    (2)... On the PC Press the 'Windows button' + 'R' Key
    This opens the ‘Run Box’....
    (3)... The Run Box opens... Type into the ‘run’ box.... %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are the most likely to be corrupted
    (7)… Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect...

A small Menu Window opens with 3 menu options....
    hskjc7anfu9d.jpg
    Important Option (2) Needs to selected for MyDrive Connect to work
    The 1st & 3rd options are optional (I always deselect both options and set up a Desktop Short-cut to Start MyDrive Connect, I don't want MDC running all of the time on my PC)
    (10)... Login to MyDrive Connect as if was a fresh install...
    Hopefully all should now be well

Note... You may want to create a Desktop Short-cut to the access the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders
    The full short-cut path Is here...
    C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here" \AppData\Local\TomTom

ATB YFM
  • JimB0bJimB0b Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks @YamFazMan

I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.

Many thanks for the advice.
    Superusers
    edited March 4
    Hi
    @JimB0b
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
  • PPRDGPPRDG Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Yes, just deleting the HOME3 and MyDrive Connect folders fixed the problem in under 60seconds.

June 14th 2020

Windows 10 build 2004
    Superusers
    Hi
    @PPRDG
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
  • ReverseReverse Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    @YamFazMan
    WAUW....
    Thanks for your proper and clear advice..
    that helped a lot..