HELP- MyDrive COnnect server busy — TomTom Community

HELP- MyDrive COnnect server busy

HaggisrobHaggisrob Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
edited March 3 in MyDrive Connect
Try to update map (Day time & Nigh time) all I get is your message Our servers are very busy right now
Click Retry a few times until you are connected. If that doesn't work, close MyDrive Connect and start it again.

POOR SERVICE

Comments

• ChookieChookie Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited March 3
    Hi Guys
    I have been trying day and night to load a new map. All I get is our servers are busy TRY AGAIN!!! Is there a problem with this system and when will be able to load the maps.
    Cheers Chookie
  • tollcrosstollcross Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    You have to remove MyDrive Connect completely...to do this Download a free program called .Revo Uninstaller...this removes all remnants of any program...them reinstall My Drive Connect
  • izno35izno35 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello
    I can't manage to update my VIA130 with this methode... 100% checking... and nothing...
    I can send you my log
    2020-04-16 14:45:08.270|234881064|Error|RelayAgentWorker::onReverseServerDisconnection|Failed to connect to the PND on revinetd connection.

btobnexl4uqy.png

I have disable firewalls, antivirus...
    Have you an idea ?
    Thanks
    Regards
    If you use the Revo uninstaller...click on My Drive Connect from the list then click uninstall...at this point it is Windows uninstaller that is doing the uninstall after it creates a restore point...after it is finished click scan...this is the Revo unistaller working...when it is finished it shows a list of left over files..click "select all " then delete...this is a clean uninstall
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,493 Superusers
    edited May 7
    Hi
    @izno35

If I have a problem with myDrive Connect... instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

ATB YFM
  • izno35izno35 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi
    The problem is always the same... I really don't know what to do...
    I tried many things written in this blog. Retart.. reinstall... delete...
    I use the French language. Is it a problem ?
    Thanks
    Please bear with me as I don't want to insult anyone but I think it is important...
    When you use Revo Uninstaller and you click on the program you want to uninstall..it is important to note that the first part of uninstalling is done by Windows Uninstall....after it is done you must click SCAN..this is where Revo comes in and lists all the remnants that were left....after it shows what it found ..check all then delete
    Hi
    @tollcross

Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

ATB YFM
  • HarryJHHarryJH Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    MyDrive Connect "server busy", same procedure as last time. I can't download my maps 😤😟😕😭😬🤤. Poor service, almost like no service. When can I get what I payed for?
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,519 Superuser
    edited May 6
    Hi all

@HarryJH

You can try this, the message "busy servers" may come back as you observed:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1695959/#Comment_1695959

...if you do not want to uninstall and reinstall My Drive Connect MDC each time you use it. It is not a very fun game even with third party software.
    Modification of MDC settings should only be done once. It's works for me.

Regards.
  • HarryJHHarryJH Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Deleting the folders HOME3 and MyDrive Connect solved the problem. Tank you for your help.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 71 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited May 14
    14 May 2020: Servers STILL BUSY.

Madness: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Just wasted 12 hours of my Covin-19 Lock-Down life clicking the same bits, agreeing to the Netherlands change of nighttime speed limits and getting nowhere.

If Tom Tom cannot sort out their servers perhaps they can get the lad to sort out MyDrive so that I haven't got to babysit the bloody thing every five minutes and click in countless different places before the thing will start again. Surely it can be made to remember my choices and just get on with it.

Come on guys. My maps are over 6 months out of date. I need to update the thing.

I suspect there is a fundamental problem with the "Servers Busy" thing and/or MyDrive. I was able to update my other two Tomtom satnavs but they were Wifi enabled. They took foreever but I got a result. I suspect MyDrive is pants.

Edit: I forgot to add... before I started MyDrive needed to update itself. Perhaps that was my mistake. Worked OK last time I used it.
    Hi
    @TigerRider
    Welcome to the site....
    If I have a problem with myDrive Connect... instead of UN-installing & RE-installing MyDrive Connect
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect CPR to bring it back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686214/#Comment_1686214
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Well, can confirm that a MyDrive uninstall.. reinstall solves the the "Server Busy" nonsense. WHY?

So, that's another thing on my list of crappy TomTom software.

For the record:

1. I'm totally hacked off with "Intelligent routes" getting myself taken off the road that goes where I want only to get to see all the rat-runs just to save a few seconds and its knackering compared to the old simple routes.

2. Need a "No Crappy Little Roads" option. Been taken through parks, gravel strewn lanes and even ended up on a cycle path in the middle of France

3. "Shortest Route" taking me along every layby that used to be the old road before it got straightened.

4. Getting customer surveys wanting me to confirm their Corporate standing when their products need more work.

5. Seeing too many road signs that saying "DON'T FOLLOW SATNAV" put there because of all the over-clever features that don't really work routing lost souls down narrow impossible lanes.

Still think the old TomTom kit was better. Agreed a whole lot less powerful but no smart features that look good in the office or on paper that don't work as well in real life.
    edited May 18
    Hi
    @TigerRider
    TigerRider wrote: »
    Well, can confirm that a MyDrive un-install.. reinstall solves the the "Server Busy" nonsense. WHY? (Snip)
    I think one of the main causes of MyDrive Connect having problems, is that users are leaving their SatNav devices Connected to USB and Powered on while Installing or Updating MyDrive Connect....

Quote from the the Tomtom MyDrive FAQ.....
    Once the installation of MyDrive Connect has completed, a pop-up will ask you to confirm the settings. You can select any of the options and click OK. Then you can connect your navigation device to start using MyDrive Connect.
    End quote....

ATB YFM
    Hi, @YamFazMan. I can confirm spotting the install warning about removing my device.

Thanks for all the help (here and elsewhere). I recall a Cu dos feature here on the older versions of this site. Clearly I'm missing how much better the new site it.