White Screen and website won't accept UK as country, keeps diverting to Latvia. — TomTom Community

White Screen and website won't accept UK as country, keeps diverting to Latvia.

Hi - we just bought a Go5200 Wi Fi and have had nothing but issues. The website won't do anything other than send me in a loop. At the bottom, it says our country is Latvia, and however many times I change it to UK it will not stay in the UK. We have a white screen, can't get anything on it at all. Anyone can help me please?

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,724
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @DBandLB

Which Website ???
    Where or on What have you only got a white screen ???

ATB YFM
  • bigbig Posts: 1,629
    Superuser
    You don't generally have to go to any website to get the Go5200 working. Are you saying it won't start up at all?
  • DBandLBDBandLB Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi - it starts but the device screen is white. There's a connection noise when I connect it via the cable to the PC which is what it says to do in the instructions. After that, it is literally a white screen. I've managed to get it to come on, and we tried to drive somewhere, but it just wouldn't display. I have just heard it say that we will arrive at our destination at 18.56, but there is nothing on the screen until I unhooked it from the PC, pressed the button on the back and touched the screen, but no idea how to replicate that. It's now plugged in again. and the display is still there. The old Tom Tom just used to work, no problem.
    Is there a UK call centre number - I need to speak to a human and get them to guide me through it but getting anywhere on the website is a nightmare. Sends me round in a loop of no hope.
    Is there a UK call centre number - I need to speak to a human and get them to guide me through it but getting anywhere on the website is a nightmare. Sends me round in a loop of no hope. Keeps asking me what product do I need help with, but gives me no options to choose a product. Should have tried Garmin.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,258
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @DBandLB

Did you click on Contact Me under Support at the bottom of this page. That takes you through various options.

The same applies if you click on Contact under support on the main Tomtom Webpage.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @DBandLB

Did you click on Contact Me under Support at the bottom of this page. That takes you through various options.

The same applies if you click on Contact under support on the main Tomtom Webpage.

Doug

I did but it sent me round in a loop. Asked me what I needed support with but then gave no options. This white screen appears on start up, but I can't always get it to go away. I can hear the 'tap' noise but it only appears as a white screen... I'll give them a call. Thank you and everyone for your help and suggestions. Really appreciate it.