Question regarding mijn annual Extension of subscription — TomTom Community

Question regarding mijn annual Extension of subscription

RicoKRicoK Posts: 147 [Supreme Navigator]
Because my (annual) subscription expires on February 25, 2020, I have extended this for another year.
However, when I view my Subscriptions in the app this confuses me. This is because I am shown that my subscription still expires on 25-02-2020. I expected here that I now saw that my subscription has been renewed.

oen7j9nrn15t.png

If I view my subscriptions to my Apple Account, this extension will be listed, but it will be renewed on 18/03/2020. Is this because I have a free month?

3wubnkejzusc.png

bviezqt8njkd.png

I would like to see confirmation that my subscription has been correctly extended and that I can get into the car tomorrow without any problems, without having to use Apple's or Google Maps.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,897
    Community Manager
    Hi Rico,

@lampard and I both cannot make sense of this. The last subscription we can see on our end expired inn January. After that, subscriptions are handled by Apple.

The discrepancy is indeed strange because it's not a period of a full month. So it's better to check with Apple though you will probably not get a reply by today when according to our app the subscription ends.

Greetings,
    Jürgen
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 147 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited February 2020
    Hello @Jürgen , thank you for your reply, but, however, sorry for mentioning it, what a slightly disappointing reaction it is...:( I do not see what Apple has to do with it. Yes, I am an iPhone user. Yes, I have extended my susbscription via an In-App buy. But, I am a Tomtom GO user on my iPhone. I am a Tomtom user. That'swhy I address my question to Tomtom via this forum.

What are/were the alternatives to avoid my issue?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,897
    Community Manager
    Apple's purchasing process that's natively built into iOS is more stable. That's why we moved across. The downside is that we no longer have an insight on subscriptions.

What expiration date is the app now showing on the Subscriptions page?
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 147 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hello @Jürgen , Thanks for your follow up.

The Subscriptions in the TomTom GO App is showing 'Active':

z9aq96z77udg.png

The subscriptions in iOS is showing:

pmo5lrmoxc4k.png

and

wbh466xp6unp.png

It seems alright now!