Saving routes on GO Navigation App — TomTom Community

Saving routes on GO Navigation App

macy517macy517 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
If I create a route on the app in my iphone, can I save it for use later on?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,817 Superusers
    edited February 24
    Hi
    @macy517

(1)... Plan your route
    After planning your Route

(2)... At the bottom of the screen the three route options are displayed... The selected route (In this instance the 'Fastest') has a blue square Icon

a9586484-ddda-482a-a1c4-335e5c12e6e6.png
    (3)... Tap on one of the alternate route displayed at the bottom of the screen to select it (The chosen route now displays the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)

After selecting one of the alternate route the 'Send to Device' displayed at the TOP of the screen is greyed-out

But if you now...

(4)... Tap again on the same chosen alternate route

A further option now appears 'Save to MyRoutes'

daad26c6-1db8-4ef2-85c8-c1ee99bac3c9.png
    (5)... Tap 'Save to MyRoutes'

78ce5ce8-0ccf-411f-8578-eaa0c6bf77c2.png
    The Route will be synced to MyRoutes

(6)... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Tap MyRoutes... Select and Tap the newly synced Route

If you wish to return to the three Route options flick downwards on the bottom of the screen

ATB YFM
  • macy517macy517 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm sorry but I dont get that screen. I put in a location, add a stop or two, then it asks to start route. No option to select alternative route, send to device or anything. I am using the Tomtom Go app on my iphone.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,645 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @macy517

Welcome to the Community! The post by YamFazMan above is for the MyDrive App and its ability to sync the routes with navigation devices. With the GO Navigation App, you can't sync the routes from MyDrive to the app but you can only sync your 'My Places' locations from MyDrive for now.

It is also not possible to plan a route on the App itself and save it for future use. I'll add this as a feature request and forward it to the product team.

Regards, lampard
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,817 Superusers
    edited February 25
    Hi
    @macy517

Sorry I forgot to mention I was using the Tomtom MyDrive App to on my iPhone to Save the routes....

ATB YFM