How does one take a screen-shot on a Rider 550? — TomTom Community

How does one take a screen-shot on a Rider 550?

ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
What is the procedure to capture a screen-shot of a Rider 550 navigation device?

Michael

Best Answers

Answers

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 758
    Superuser
    1. Pick your smartphone from the pocket
    2. Open the camera app
    3. Focus & take the shot...

You may mark a location if that’s what you want...

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#AddingalocationtoMyPlacesbymarking.htm
  • ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I'm sorry, I guess I should have been more specific when I wrote my question. So let me try again:

What is the procedure for capturing an image directly from the screen of a Rider 550, then transferring that captured image from the Rider to a computer so that it can be edited or saved?

An example of the type of screen capture that I want to get can be seen on any of @YamFazMan 's or @Lochfrass 's posts, for example, here:

wrxv9ynh9zm5.jpg

In the above example, it is obvious that the image has been directly captured from the display of the device - it's not a photograph taken of the screen of the device.

Michael
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,733
    Superusers
    edited February 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @ST1300_PanEuropean
    I use mostly a screenshot from the Go Mobile App.
    The Layout is mostly identic with the Nav 4 or Wifi devices.
    Often a pic can say more than 1000 words.
    06it5yaoacc3.jpg

5y7bq8qbsyjm.jpg

On the second pic you can see the stausbar from the Smartphone on the top.

• ST1300_PanEuropeanST1300_PanEuropean Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    @Lochfrass

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

So you are not actually capturing the screen display from a TomTom navigation device (e.g. a Rider 550), you are capturing the screen display from your smartphone when it is running a TomTom app, is that correct?

Do you know if it is possible to directly capture and export a screen image from a TomTom navigation device?

Michael
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 16,733
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Yes thats correct.
    Therefore I use the smartphone and an app to fake my location. So I can recreate many situations.... Some other Pic like the Poi icons, i have from the Manual
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#UsingcommunityPOIlists-MyPlaces-PratoNav4.htm

And No it's not possible to make a screenshot from a device.