How do I delete a map GO 5200 "Oops, try again" message? — TomTom Community

How do I delete a map GO 5200 "Oops, try again" message?

NWCNWC Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited February 2020 in Map installation
I have a Go5200, with two maps installed: Western Europe and UK & Ireland. I want to delete the Western Europe map in order to install the USA map; but, on attempting to do so, I get the "Oops, try again" message. I've rebooted my device; but, continue to get the same error message. Any ideas, please?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Hi @NWC

Just had a similar issue so suspect there may be a server issue at the moment. Maybe try later.

Why don't you purchase a 16gb or maximum 32gb Micro SD Class 10 memory card then you don't have to remove maps to install others. I would leave the UK and Ireland map or maybe another small map on the device stored on the internal memory. You could then install the full European map on the internal memory and the USA map on the extra memory.

Doug
  • NWCNWC Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks very much, definitely sounds as if the problem may be at 'their end'! :-) I'll have a think about getting the SD card; but, it's only an issue with something like adding a USA map, as everything else fits OK.
    Anyway, thanks again
    Nigel
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Hi @NWC

Seems to be working okay this morning as I have now been able to add and deleted a small map. Now downloading the USA to my unit.

Doug