Traffic cost and app cost - are they separate? — TomTom Community

Traffic cost and app cost - are they separate?

Hi, I have tomtom GO on my iPhone and I was charged for my traffic subscription in december 2019 then I noticed another payment via Apple to pay for the app subscription. Just checking this is correct - should I be charged twice? Or have they made an error?

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,302 Moderator
    Hi @Barefoot_Wanderer

Welcome to the Community! Which app are you using currently? New Go navigation for iPhone or Go Mobile for Android? I see two orders on your account which are expired now.

Perhaps, can you attach a screenshot from the App which shows the subscription info? This will help us to better understand the situation.

Regards, lampard
  • Barefoot_WandererBarefoot_Wanderer Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi - thx for getting back to me. I'm using the TomTom Go app on iPhone 6. I originally bought the app through my Android phone and when I purchased my iPhone last year transferred the app to my Iphone for no extra cost (about 6 months ago) - then I received a message around Dec 19 - Jan 20 asking me for traffic renewal (I think it was traffic not 100% sure), I got this message when I tried using the app. Now I notice a recent payment to Apple for £13.99 which is for the app itself. All seems a bit disingenuous because when I originally purchased the app I bought it outright and there was no annual subscription, just the Traffic had to be renewed and now I've switched to iPhone Tom Tom want to charge me twice! Can you explain the payments to me and what I have paid for?
    Would you answer my query please. Appreciate it.
    So I get one reply asking for information to which I replied then... NOTHING.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,943
    Superuser
    Hi @Barefoot_Runner

Thats because @lampard is a TT mod and so will not be back on the forum before tomorrow. He will be able to look at your account and advise you accordingly.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,302 Moderator
    Hi @Barefoot_Wanderer

Sorry about my late reply! The older Go Mobile App was available for free, with 75 free kilometres available for use per month. You'd to purchase the TomTom subscription to continue using it after 75 KM.

With the release of the new GO Navigation app, old GO Mobile app users carry over the existing subscriptions. The subscription with the new app is handled by Apple only. If you can see your current subscriptions twice in your phone's App Store, please get in touch with Apple for a refund.

Regards, lampard