Problem with map, You cannot use this map on this device — TomTom Community

Problem with map, You cannot use this map on this device

zaycevzaycev Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited December 2019 in Map installation
On my device, after updating via TomTom Home, the following message came up: You cannot use this map on this device Europe_East-784. Unfortunately the older version of the map is overwritten. Need help.

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,564 Superuser
    Hi @zaycev

Hopefully tomorrow @lampard can sort you map out. Look back here then.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,610 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there @zaycev

Welcome to the Community! I have assigned the map on your device. Just remove the existing map first using TomTom HOME and then download a fresh version that gets offered for download.

Regards, lampard
  • zaycevzaycev Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank!
    An update has appeared.
    Could there be a mistake?
    I have an error with maps of Eastern Europe (Europe_East-784), and the update is Western Europe.
  • zaycevzaycev Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thank!
    Everything worked out!
    True, the list of countries is slightly different:
    In the old maps I had Germany, Italy, Poland... And in the updated maps - Germany, Italy is only in the maps of western Europe, Poland is only in the maps of eastern Europe.
  • bobbond50bobbond50 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    just got out me old go 720, updated, but now get the following message: you cannot use this map on this device: weston_europe_1GB_27
    HELP
    edited January 21
    Hi @bobbond50

Below is a link to the list of TT devices that have been declared obsolete. If your unit is one of them on the list hten there is no more support form Tomtom.

If one of the Moderators on here @VikramK is not be able to resolve the issue with the map you have mentioned will it be useful to your if he can offer you the UK map.

https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/obsolete-products/#car

Keep an eye out here on Monday to see if Vikram responds.

Doug
    ok I will keep an eye out for vikram
    sorry did not take it all in, yes if only a uk map is available, thats better than no map
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,313 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @bobbond50

I have activated the map for your device. Please connect your device to TomTom HOME and check for updates.

Regards
    Vikram
    Removed old maps, downloaded new maps and all up and running,
    thanks douglap and vikram
    Regards Bob
    Hi @bobbond50

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • JGriffJGriff Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    After updating my Tomtom Go 530 I now have the message You cannot use this map on this device: Western_Europe1GB-100985. This is a little strange as I've used it without issue for the last 18 months, including an extended classic car tour to Norway? can you help please?
    Hi @JGriff

Have a Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK or @lampard have sorted the map out for you.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,570 Superusers
    edited February 3
    Hi
    @JGriff

Check your serial number....
    What are the first 2 Characters of the GO 530 device Serial number ???
    See... Find the model of your navigation device and what software it uses
    UK Models... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB

I can only see two Go 530 Models... Both report EoL (End of Life)

e10oqbwcsygc.jpg
    J1 --> Your device is a TomTom GO 530 with 1GB memory and it updates through TomTom HOME.

Important:​ Your device is no longer supported through phone , and it's not possible to buy new maps and services for your device. You can still get help through our user forum and FAQs

J2 --> Your device is a TomTom GO 530 with 2GB memory and it updates through TomTom HOME.

Important:​ Your device is no longer supported through phone , and it's not possible to buy new maps and services for your device. You can still get help through our user forum and FAQs. More information.

Also see Here for more info...
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682275/#Comment_1682275

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan, thank you for your response. I've had tomtom devices for many, many years, I'm well aware that the 530 Go is no longer supported by tomtom, my device is J13********* and is a 2Gb device, with a 2Gb SD capability. I am fully aware that I cannot buy newer maps, but I would like to continue to use the maps I have previously purchased. This is particularly important as it also includes the most accurate mapping of the UK too. My western Europe map is a couple of years old, is used in my classic car, and has until the last Tomtom home software update, in the last week worked faultlessly in the whole of that period. So clearly it is a software/authority issue which needs to be rectified, and not the capability of the device. I have a number of POI groups created by me, that are used for work, so again I can only reiterate that it is very important that I regain full functionality for my device.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,570 Superusers
    edited February 3
    Hi
    @JGriff

The old existing Map/s should still be available from TomtomHome or a Back-up ???

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,313 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @JGriff

I have activated the map for your device. The GO 530 is an end of life model so I am not sure if the activated map version will still be available on the servers.

Please connect the device to TomTom HOME and check for map updates.

Regards
    Vikram

VikramK, sorry you must think me very rude, I've uploaded the map onto my SD card, it all appears to be working fine, unfortunately the weather in England has been dreadful, so I still haven't had the opportunity to test it on the road, I'll update you as soon as that happens, many thanks John
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0