Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series - Page 104 — TomTom Community

Software version Rollback requests | Battery issues | Runner & Spark watch series

Comments

• SubbiE1880SubbiE1880 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Is it possible to do a rollback for my watch as well?
    It's a TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music with software 1.7.64.

I totally not understand why they do not test those things in the first place...
  • Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
    SubbiE1880 wrote: »
    Is it possible to do a rollback for my watch as well?

Hasn't lampard described the 'how to'?
    lampard wrote: »
    If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

No need for an external interaction, you do it just on your own.
  • GeMaSGeMaS Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    is it also possible to rollback my runner 3 music back to version 1.3.255
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    edited February 3
    Hi all

@Oskar-2 , to downgrade the firmware to version 1.3.255 (battery problems) before a TomTom agent must intervene on the watch in the background.

Factory Reset should only be done after the confirmation message from the TomTom agent. This is the purpose of this topic, see the title.

@SubbiE1880 and @GeMaS , wait for the answer from a TomTom moderator. @lampard or @VikramK should see your request soon, keep an eye on this topic.

Regards.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    edited February 4
    @SubbiE1880 @GeMaS

After a factory reset, v1.3.255 should be offered to you in TomTom Sports Connect application.

Regards
    Vikram
  • bartcbartc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi can you rollback the software version for my spark 3?
    Hi @bartc

The watch was first linked to your account back in 2015. Since when are you facing the battery drain issues on your watch?

Regards
    Vikram
  • bartcbartc Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK,

I got it second hand (barely used) last year but battery life was always very poor.
    I updated the software before the first time using it so i'm hoping the older version will help.
  • MyeniEPMyeniEP Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    hi, @ lampard if you are still helping with software versions. Can i get back latest version 1.7.53 for my spark 3. i downgraded to try solve battery drain.
    Thanks @bartc

I have made the firmware v1.3.255 available for your watch. After you do a factory reset it should be offered for download. Test it during your fitness session and let's see if there are any improvements.

@MyeniEP

A factory reset and the latest firmware should be offered in TomTom Sports Connect.

-Vikram
  • bigjovertonbigjoverton Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too am now in need of a rollback of the firmware on my Spark 3 - it currently is running 1.7.64
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,041 Moderator
    Hi @bigjoverton

If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run after this and see if this helps otherwise it might be the case of a depleted battery.

Regards, lampard
  • Neto CruzNeto Cruz Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 12
    I too am now in need of a rollback of the firmware on my Spark 3 it currently is running 1.7.64 , please back to version 1.3.255
    Hi @Neto Cruz

Your watch may have a depleted battery. I've now put you on the old version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on your watch and the version will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll lose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

Regards, lampard
    Hi @Neto Cruz

Your watch may have a depleted battery. I've now put you on the old version 1.3.255, please make a factory reset on your watch and the version will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Please note that you'll lose the latest features like Personalized Workouts, Fitness Age, Control of syncing and alerts.

Regards, lampard

hi

my watch dont do a factory reset , stuck in the process and dont finish
    please, you could back to version 1.7.64?
  • lpalmlpalm Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The Watch gets recognized by the computer, it syncs activities, preferences, all that is expected. Then, when it has to charge the watch the software says "Your Watch is fully charged", the charging battery is moving on the watch but it does not charge it. Even letting it for 3 hours. It has no effect on the battery, it remains discharged.
    The only solution I found to charge the watch is to do reset from the Windows TomTom App.
    So now, in order to charge the phone, I have to reset it on my computer every time.
    Can you please help me?
    Thanks,
    Done. Connect your watch to the PC and the version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Regards, lampard
  • JuanMi73JuanMi73 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    When I plug the watch to the PC allways appears an error asking to do a factory reset, I have done a lot of times and allways is the same trouble.
    With the phone application connects, but I can't download data or upgrade quickgps.
    The watch works but I can't use.
    Is it possible to do a rollback to repair the firmware?
    It's a TomTom Runner v1.8.52
    Thanks.
  • SusciterSusciter Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited February 17
    Hi, could you please move my watch back to version 1.7.64? Serial number HNxxxxGxxxxx. Thank you.

Mod edit: Please do not post any personal information on a public forum!
    @lpalm It can be the case of a depleted battery. As a last resort, I've put you on the old software 1.3.255 version. please make a factory reset on your watch again and the old version will be offered to you in Sports Connect. See if this improves the situation!

@JuanMi73 We can't revert back the firmware version for Runner & Multisport watches (1st Gen). Perhaps, a power-off reset can help in this case.

@Susciter Done. Connect your watch to the PC and the version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Regards, lampard
  • bigjovertonbigjoverton Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @bigjoverton

If you now perform a factory reset on your watch, the version 1.3.255 will be offered to you in Sports Connect. Give it a test run after this and see if this helps otherwise it might be the case of a depleted battery.

Regards, lampard

Thanks Lampard
    I since discovered my watch was still within warranty and it has been shipped back to Tom Tom for a battery replacement....will see how that goes! It will be nice to retain the functionality of 1.7.64
    Regards
    BigJoverton
    @lpalm It can be the case of a depleted battery. As a last resort, I've put you on the old software 1.3.255 version. please make a factory reset on your watch again and the old version will be offered to you in Sports Connect. See if this improves the situation!

Regards, lampard

Hi Lampard,
    I am 1.3.255 now.
    Unfortunately, The watch is not even changing now.
    At least resetting it every time allowed me to fully charge it for the next 7 days.
    Can I get back the 1.7.64 version?

Thanks,
    lpalm wrote: »

Regards, lampard

Hi Lampard,
    I am 1.3.255 now.
    Unfortunately, The watch is not even changing now.
    At least resetting it every time allowed me to fully charge it for the next 7 days.
    Can I get back the 1.7.64 version?

Thanks,

@lampard
    @lpalm Done. Please connect your watch to the PC and the version 1.7.64 will be offered to you in Sports Connect.

Regards, lampard
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0