Screen cutoff — TomTom Community

Screen cutoff

TagmutTagmut Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this issue where the arrows are cut off of the screen?
8xse669k4rhn.png

Best Answer

• TagmutTagmut Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Disregard. I found the answer

Answers

Note that I tried hiding the status bar but the arrow at the top is still hidden or overlapped
    p75jg9vq8keb.png
    Accepted Answer
    Disregard. I found the answer
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,192
    Superuser
    Hi @Tagmut

What was the answer for the possible benefit of others?

Doug
    While the box appears to be hidden, it does drop down when the arrows disappear showing the coming mileage. Noticed it better in running a simulation drive. Sorry for the confusion
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,192
    Superuser
    Hi @Tagmut

Thank you.

Doug
  • RicoKRicoK Posts: 147 [Supreme Navigator]
    I am sorry, I do not see any answer or solution in this topic!

For two weeks now I switched from an iPhone 8 Plus to an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I was hoping to get rid of this, sorry for my choice of words, annoying issue, because the screen of my iPhone 11 Pro Max is one inch bigger then my former 8 Plus. However, still this issue exists. When I use my iPhone in landscape mode the issue isn't shown, but in Portrait mode it is.

What is the solution for it?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Thanks for reporting this, @RicoK !

I'll check this with our developers. I assume you're using the latest app version 2.1.4?

lampard
    @lampard Thank you!
    Yes, I have the latest version 2.1.4 and also the most recent iOS updates.
    edited February 2020
    @lampard This morning I made a screendump of my iPhone which can be done very easy with one hand with an iPhone 11 Pro (Max). As you can see this is exactly the same meant by the TS.

As a matter of fact I see this as a bug. I really hope the developers will find a solution for it.

71laqe1zohvl.png
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,669
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @RicoK

On the Dedicated NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) PNDs this is a 'Feature'
    The Mini ALG (Mini Automatic lane Guidance) pushes the top 'Info Bar' off the top of the screen while the Mini ALG is being displayed

87ampap2qxpo.jpg
    ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    On the Dedicated NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) PNDs this is a 'Feature'
    The Mini ALG (Mini Automatic lane Guidance) pushes the top 'Info Bar' off the top of the screen while the Mini ALG is being displayed

Yes, but obviously the Tomtom GO Navigation App for the iPhone is not a dedicated nav ;)

To my opinion this is a bug for the GO Navigation App which seems to be confirmed by @lampard

edited February 2020
    This morning I was navigating in Landscape mode and also in Landscape mode the screen is cut off....

h634zu8o3q2f.png

Oh, and by the way, the maximum speed on that highway, the A6 between Lelystad and Almere is not 100 km/u, but 130 km/u....
    Superusers
    edited February 2020
    Hi

k5rrc7kmpv6y.jpeg
    Just like the NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) PNDs Mini ALG....
    Its part of the Tomtom branding
    e4ckwtmhbdvx.jpg
    ATB YFM

@YamFazMan , I had to read your reply a couple of times. I think I have it clear now ;)
    As far as I understand you correctly, you say it is one of TomTom's designs to put the 'Top Info Bar' trough the top of the screen to make place for the Mini ALG. Right? Well if this is the case I don't call it a design, but a design error. To my opinion the Top Infor Bar should end next to Mini ALG, especially when navigating in Landscape mode when there is more than enough space to have it visible next to each other.

To my opinion this is a bug and is something which should/could be adjusted by Tomtom in a future update.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @RicoK

As far as I recall, on the PND devices the Mini ALG was initially developed for the USA/Canada market, so that unlike the Full Screen and the Split Screen ALG, the Mini ALG did not obscure the many Free-way interchanges....

ATB YFM