Replacing maps — TomTom Community

Replacing maps

Hi I've just purchased the North America for my Go Professional 6250 which is 6.06 GB in size and I only have 3.01 GB of available free space. I currently have the Europe Truck map 9.13GB and UK & republic of Ireland 0.92 GB maps installed.do I need to to backup the Europe Truck map prior to deleting it so I can reinstall it after my American holiday or will it just be available on my account.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,788 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @Oneeasygeezer

I would add a Micro SD class 10 memory card in the extra memory Card. You will either be asked whether you want it Formatted when you turn the unit on but if not go to Settings/System and select format the memory card.

I would recommend a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major manufacturer from a reliable source to avoid fakes. I would add a 16GB card or Maximum 32gb card and then you can go into My Drive Connect and add the Map now to the device as it will be written to your New card. This will stop you having to delete and add maps when you want to change where you are.

Doug
  • OneeasygeezerOneeasygeezer Posts: 19 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your response Doug, however the TT Go Professional 6250 doesn't have an expansion port otherwise I would have done as you rightly suggest. My previous TT XXL had the ability to back it up to a chosen location but I can't find a way of backing this up hence the question.

I must say this device is such a backward step from older versions which you could customise to your requirements this one is appalling and is only made worse by the fact that TT take no interest in all the negative feed back regarding POIs and customisation.
    Hi @Oneeasygeezer

Some of the Go Professional 6250 units do have an ex memory slot if they have a serial number that starts with the followng 3 pairs of letters. If yours starts with any of these pairs of letters then you will be surprised where the slot may be hidden.

Serial numbers starting with ZA, ZE, ZF

Doug
    Well that's interesting mine begins ZA and there's a blocked off port to the right of where it docks on the mount. I got the serial number sticker off which covered the port up and it looks like it was supposed to accommodate a micro card but you can't but anything in it so it's obviously not meant to be used, so I think It'll pay me to contact TT support and see what they say. :'(
    Hi @Oneeasygeezer

Just watched a Youtube video and it shows it is on the bottom next to the Serial number label. It is very small slot and when you get the card you have to push it in gently the right way round. Do not force it as it will only go in the right way and you keep pushing until you feel a gentle click. To remove the card you have to gently push it in until you feel it release when it will pop out slightly.

Doug
    Thanks guys I think I must have been having a senior moment, problem solved.