Hi, my TomTom Start50 seems to have lost its voice! I tried using it today - nothing. — TomTom Community

Hi, my TomTom Start50 seems to have lost its voice! I tried using it today - nothing.

I haven't used my TomTom Start50 since last October but when I connected it to my car USB point it happily accepted the location I typed in but - apart from dinging when approaching a speed camera - it didn't give any verbal instructions. Please help. I'm 72 so not very tech savvy but don't seem able to see anywhere in 'Settings' referring to audio.

Best Answers

Answers

• Ingrid1947Ingrid1947 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug, I had already checked that the 'sound' was activated, the slider control was at 100% and that all the checks given to @YamFazMan were in order. My device just tells me in 'Voices' that no voice is installed, I thought it came with one (my previous tomtom did) and it told me to log on to my a/c. I did this and bought a free voice but haven't seen or heard anything.
    Hi again Doug, nope I don't. All I get is 'No voice installed. Please go to Tomtom.com/myaccount and install a voice. I did this and put the voice, as instructed in my basket - it was free - checked out and, nothing. I'm losing the will to live!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,202
    Superuser
    Hi @Ingrid1947

Please wait until tomorrow and see what @VikramK can do to sort out the voices for you.

Doug
    Thanks Vikram, I will certainly carry out your instructions when I am better.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,615
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ingrid1947

Also Check....

n7zjxq59nyo1.jpg
    ATB YFM