Calibrating the GO 620 Speed — TomTom Community

Calibrating the GO 620 Speed

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to find out if we can calibrate the real speed displayed on my GO 620. I've noticed that there is a difference of 5 km / h (Metric System) below that displayed by my car ?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• tonygrtonygr Posts: 50 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    All car speedos will read high. One reason is to ensure that manufacturing tolerances don't lead to a unit reading low and leaving the driver inadvertently breaking the speed limit.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,142
    Superusers
    tonygr is right.
    You can also check it with a smartphone app
  • JloupjloupJloupjloup Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So should I consider the speed indicated by my GPS as the right and accurate one, because it is calculated via satellite information vs map position, exact ?

Thanks,
    jloup
  • bigbig Posts: 1,627
    Superuser
    Yes, the speed calculated by the GPS will be much more accurate than the speedometer in your vehicle.
  • jatcojatco Posts: 90 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    edited February 15
    big wrote: »
    Yes, the speed calculated by the GPS will be much more accurate than the speedometer in your vehicle.

I wonder if the police officer who pulls you over for speeding will buy that..when you tell him your GPS showed that you wasn't speeding..?!? Doub't it
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,000
    Superusers
    edited February 15
    Hi
    @jatco

As police patrol cars have calibrated speedometers they would see the same speed as your GPS....

ATB YFM
  • jatcojatco Posts: 90 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Didn't know about it or think about it until I saw the op question. Now I know I have some leeway...haha!
    Thx YFM