Calibrating the GO 620 Speed

Jloupjloup
Jloupjloup Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi everybody,

I'm trying to find out if we can calibrate the real speed displayed on my GO 620. I've noticed that there is a difference of 5 km / h (Metric System) below that displayed by my car ?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• tonygr
    tonygr Registered Users Posts: 92
    Supreme Trailblazer
    All car speedos will read high. One reason is to ensure that manufacturing tolerances don't lead to a unit reading low and leaving the driver inadvertently breaking the speed limit.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,076
     Superuser
    tonygr is right.
    You can also check it with a smartphone app
  • Jloupjloup
    Jloupjloup Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    So should I consider the speed indicated by my GPS as the right and accurate one, because it is calculated via satellite information vs map position, exact ?

Thanks,
    jloup
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    Yes, the speed calculated by the GPS will be much more accurate than the speedometer in your vehicle.
  • jatco
    jatco Registered Users Posts: 93
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    edited February 2020
    big wrote: »
    Yes, the speed calculated by the GPS will be much more accurate than the speedometer in your vehicle.

I wonder if the police officer who pulls you over for speeding will buy that..when you tell him your GPS showed that you wasn't speeding..?!? Doub't it
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 21,016
     Superuser
    edited February 2020
    Hi
    @jatco

As police patrol cars have calibrated speedometers they would see the same speed as your GPS....

ATB YFM
  • jatco
    jatco Registered Users Posts: 93
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Didn't know about it or think about it until I saw the op question. Now I know I have some leeway...haha!
    Thx YFM