Turning on permanently the navigation instructions using a synthetized voice? — TomTom Community

Turning on permanently the navigation instructions using a synthetized voice?

Hi, my device is a recent GO 620 Wifi. I am using Chantal as a synthetized voice, in order to read details instructions (every step of a itinerary.
I am obliged to activating instructions via vocal function at each itinerary !!! Is it possible to turn on instructions with a permanent way ? I didn’t find any parameter to solve my problem
Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,493 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Jloupjloup

Welcome to the community!

I have activated a computer voice(Samantha) for your GO 620 WiFi. Download it when connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Activate the voice and test it when travelling on a planned route.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • JloupjloupJloupjloup Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you vikramK, but my problem is not the voice since Chantal can read correctly the instructions when activated. The problem is keeping activated the instructions all the time. At this moment I am obliged activating them for each itinerary.
    Have a good day
    Jloupjloup
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,745 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @Jloupjloup

If you have the Voice set etc it should be permanent so try a Soft Reset. When the device is on Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

If that does not work then check that all your data is stored in your account by going to the My Drive Website and logging in. If everything is stored there then do a Device Reset in Settings/System.

Hope that sorts it.

Doug
  • JloupjloupJloupjloup Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you Doug,
    Finally I discovered the existence of the instructions ON/OFF icon on the touch screen (close to the volume level), and now it works. So there is no parameter in System Parameters, for that.
    Have a good day (from a TomTom Beginner...)
    jloup