GO 60 freezes and turns off at about 50% when finding a route — TomTom Community

GO 60 freezes and turns off at about 50% when finding a route

Any suggestions? It is ok on short distances so sounds like a memory problem or something similar. I have tried a new battery and using the proper charger supplied when new

Best Answers

• Yellabelly51Yellabelly51 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you DougLap, YamFazMan and VikramK for your patience and support. The problem is now resolved. You all played a role in helping this newbie.

You guys are amazing!

Thanks again
    Yellabelly

Answers

That seems to have sorted the problem. Thank you so much
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,171
    Superuser
    Hi @Yellabelly51

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,664
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Yellabelly51

Further to Doug's post... Check how much Free Memory there is for working space, 400MB is the bare Minimum
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> About... Free Space

ATB YFM
    edited February 2020
    unomgzha8wfr.jpg
    ok so basically it now works but if I pair it to my iPhone it returns to the same issue. I did a check following the suggestion from YamFazMan and I seem to have plenty of spare memory.Tried it with MyDrive app installed and without and seems to make no difference.
    Superuser

There have been problems with iPhones since the issue of IOS13 which means that it no longer connects via Bluetooth where the My Drive App is involved. This usually means that you cannot get the traffic data. There have not been any suggestions on here that it causes it to freeze or turn off when trying to find the route.

It may be an idea to try a Recover my Device as per the following video as this should restore the Operating software properly. The tricky bit is the 3 taps.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Before you do this could you confirm if the only map you have on the device is on the Extra memory card. If it is it may be that @VikramK could add a small map to your account which will load onto the internal memory and you can then try it without the extra memory card in.

Doug
    edited February 2020
    that is the only map on my device Plus I only need the UK map
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,086 Moderator
    @Yellabelly51

Could you send me the device serial number through a private message ?

Thanks
    Vikram
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you DougLap, YamFazMan and VikramK for your patience and support. The problem is now resolved. You all played a role in helping this newbie.

You guys are amazing!

Thanks again
    Yellabelly
    Superuser
    Hy @Yellabelly51

Glad you are sorted.

Doug