TomTom Launches the GO SUPREME Edition — TomTom Community

TomTom Launches the GO SUPREME Edition

VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,491 TomTom Moderator
edited October 2019 in News and announcements
Hello All,

We have launched the TomTom GO Supreme in Australia and New Zealand as our new high-end navigation device.

The product has the GO Essential hardware (GO 520/620) but includes the same feature set as the GO PREMIUM. Later this year the plan is to launch the product in North America as well.

g1ic7qn7y1q5.png

Highlighted Features-

• Updates via Wi-Fi® – World maps and software
  • TomTom Traffic and Speed Camera Alerts
  • Last Mile Navigation and Find My Car
  • IFTTT Integration – syncing agendas, connecting to smart home devices, interacting with virtual assistants and sending notifications
  • Trip Planning with TomTom MyDrive and Road Trips
  • Share ETA, Location and Notifications*

Thank you and drive safe!
-Vikram :)

Comments

• Ozzi DougOzzi Doug Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
    I bought a GO Supreme and have two questions

I have my GO Supreme on the same account as an existing GO600. Can I get updates for both machines on that one account?

My GO600 continued to navigate through Brisbane's underground tunnels, I assume by calculating position by last known speed. The Supreme doesn't seem to do that. Is that expected behaviour?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,734 [Elite Vanguard]
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @Ozzi Doug

Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route planning....
    Scroll down to Avoid on every route... Is the avoid tunnels switch set to ON ???

ATB YFM
  • miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,332 [Elite Voyager]
    Ozzi Doug wrote: »
    I bought a GO Supreme and have two questions

I have my GO Supreme on the same account as an existing GO600. Can I get updates for both machines on that one account?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Yes, ten device with one account.

• swconnellswconnell Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Does the Go Supreme range come with lifetime traffic and speed camera updates?Looking at the premium UK edition it says lifetime but the Supreme Australia does not..

Australia
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/drive/car/products/go-supreme-5-inch/

UK
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/car-sat-nav/products/go-premium-5-inch/

Best regards,
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @swconnell
    swconnell wrote: »
    Does the Go Supreme range come with lifetime traffic and speed camera updates?Looking at the premium UK edition it says lifetime but the Supreme Australia does not..,
    In the UK the 2G service is still available... Built-in SIM Card Life time Traffic etc over GPRS....

In OZ the 2G service has been shut-down... Traffic etc is over BYOC (Bring your own connection) using a Smart Phone....

ATB YFM
  • swconnellswconnell Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks,

I see now., the services are pretty much lifelong as the data connection is through the Mydrive app on my phone.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,127 [Exalted Pioneer]
    swconnell wrote: »
    I see now., the services are pretty much lifelong as the data connection is through the Mydrive app on my phone.
    TomTom's business model depends on all of their products having built-in obsolescence. Lifelong service sounds like a bug and TomTom will eventually "fix" that.
  • hikeswisshikeswiss Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I just purchased my TomTom GO Supreme. This is my 4th TomTom Navigator. I have questions about using voice control. Is there a video that I might access to better understand the capabilities of my new SatNav? I live in Portland Oregon, USA
  • iosman987iosman987 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a two year old TomTom 820 serial FTxxxxKxxxxx. I purchased this based on life time map support. How do I access the free maps. If this is not so you are in breach of Consumer Affairs Legislation in Australia. Thanks for the information.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,127 [Exalted Pioneer]
    edited January 19
    Read the small print. Lifetime is a TomTom marketing term that in essence means for so long as they choose to provide maps for that particular device. Lifetime does not imply for the lifetime of the owner or until the device croaks. The term was invented at a time when TomTom had been selling devices with only one single update or a subscription for one year after which time then they offered to sell map renewals until the end of life of the device. Now many (all?) devices come with free map renewals, but still only until TomTom declares the end of life (i.e. end of support) for that model of device.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,738 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @tgold

Whilst the 820 with serial number starting FT has been declared obsolete Tomtom have declared that they are still honouring devices sold with Lifetime Updates.

I think the X20 series were first issued in 2007 some 2 years before Windows 7 was released and that is not now being supported by windows. Apple iPhones go out of favour even quicker. Are you suggesting that Tomtom's lifetime is poorer than all the other GPS providers. If you are then I would have to disagree.

I am surprised that he says the unit is only 2 years old. If he is correct then he should contact Customer Support and discuss it with them.

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

Doug
    edited January 19
    Hi
    @iosman987
    iosman987 wrote: »
    I have a two year old TomTom 820 serial FTxxxxKxxxxx. I purchased this based on life time map support. How do I access the free maps. If this is not so you are in breach of Consumer Affairs Legislation in Australia. Thanks for the information.
    6ldo0ixnvlng.jpgI am surprised that the unit is only 2 years old....
    7 years ago I purchased my NAV3 GO 825 Live (19/06/13)
    Tomtom were selling the remaining NAV3 stock before the launch of the NAV4 GO 5000
    The NAV3 GO 825 Live was at a discount to £128.97 + There was a flyer for Lifetime maps attached to the box with the Website Address and a registration code with a time limit to register the Lifetime map, I think it was 30 days ???

ATB YFM
  • iosman987iosman987 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    iosman987 wrote: »
    I have a two year old TomTom 820 serial FTxxxxKxxxxx. I purchased this based on life time map support. . How do I access the free maps. If this is not so you are in breach of Consumer Affairs Legislation in Australia. Thanks for the information.

Thanks my issue has been fixed.
  • Patrice1200Patrice1200 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I have a GO520 and just upgraded to the GO Supreme. When I signed in to My
    Drive account, it listed both serial numbers correctly but labeled them both GO Supremes. What is the difference between the two if any?