'Servers are busy right now' while updating Start 25 — TomTom Community

'Servers are busy right now' while updating Start 25

About every 3rd update I do I have to uninstall My Drive Connect and then re-install. Otherwise I get the "our servers are busy right now" message. It is getting old.

Best Answers

• MikeReisMikeReis Posts: 14 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Ok I will try this next time as I jsut had to uninstall and re-install to update again a couple days later. A lot of work for a 60kb update. Thanks for the info.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,529 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @MikeReis

Welcome to the Community! I've made some changes in the back-end please follow the steps in the link here to apply the changes and update your device with latest QuickGPSfix update since you already have the latest map of USA. Hope this helps!

Regards, lampard
    Ok...just did that...feel like I've done that before, though maybe not reset. Have def emptied download folder. We shall see. Thanks.
    Hi @MikeReis

I see that the download of the QuickGPSfix update is successful on your device. Also, emptying the download folder restarts the updates via MyDrive Connect.

When you get a chance, please click 'yes' for answering your question.This will helps others who have the same problem. :)

Regards, lampard
    The problem has returned. After 4 or 5 successful updates the latest update couldn't be completed until I uninstalled and then installed My Drive Connect. The same is true whether I used my desktop or laptop.
    Well, you are consistent. 2 weeks later I had to uninstall and then re-install in order to update. I gather since there was no response to the last post that this is a necessary evil of My Drive Connect.

Consistency reigns. Uninstalled and re-installed in order to update. Not only do I continue to have do this on every 3rd update, but you don't respond either. And you don't fix it. So it must be an unwritten mandate.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,101 Superusers
    edited February 24
    Hi
    @MikeReis

If you're bored with un-installing & re-installing MyDrive Connect and feel like a change....
    I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program just as effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnect the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘run’ in the search box – open ‘run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    (7)…Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect... You will have to login as if MyDrive Connect was a fresh install... And hopefully all should be well

Note... I've created a Desktop Shortcut to the access the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders

ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    Ok I will try this next time as I jsut had to uninstall and re-install to update again a couple days later. A lot of work for a 60kb update. Thanks for the info.

I deleted as you instructed and then downloaded the latest update. It went as it is supposed to. My Drive Connect and Home3 files have returned. Should that have happened? are they corrupt, too. Thanks for the help. I hope this continues to go smoothly.
    Same problem has returned. Had to uninstall and then re-install in order to simply add a 60kb update.
    This time I got one update boefore I had to uninstall and reinstall. Will this EVER be fixed?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,101 Superusers
    edited February 7
    Hi
    @MikeReis

Are you tight on Hard drive space on your PC ???
    Have you checked the size of the MyDrive Connect Cached files from your last Map update
    The cache For MyDrive Connect is NOT automatically deleted after the install of a new Maps etc to the device... the full Europe Map is now around 9GB files that size soon mount up....

If you are happy with the last Update to you device its best to clear the Cache
    To clear the cache....
    With the myDrive Connect running + The MDC Main window open
    Click on the Gear Icon screen top right
    Click on Downloads Tab
    Click 'Empty Download folder'
    Cilck 'Save setting'

If you need to update/repair the a Map, the file is available on your Tomtom Cloud Account ready to download and install again

ATB YFM
    I emptied the Download Folder and it stiil wouldn't update. It was then I uninstalled and re-installed.I also have plenty of room on my desktop PC. I am running Windows 10 and Chrome.
    Same problem. Again. It'd be nice if Tom Tom responded one time
    edited February 24
    Hello @MikeReis

I see that the QuickGPSfix was updated successfully on 22nd and today as well. There can be different things affecting/preventing the download of the updates. Updating over WiFi can be slow and then cause a Time-Out with sever. Any Internet Security Software/Antivirus installed on your PC can block TomTom software to install updates. If you see the download or installation appears to stop or freeze, keep it connected for 4 hours then check if the download has been completed. We also saw few more reports about the server busy error over the weekend which might be a temporary outage.

More information can be found here

Regards, lampard
    Thank you for the response. Just FYI: The update on the 22nd occured after I uninstalled and re-installed My Connect software. Yesterday's update wasn't successful until the 3rd attempt. Installation never freezes. It either starts and updates successfully or never starts. Am using Windows 10 with the Antivirus/Security that comes with that. Using a PC.
  • tattoo55tattoo55 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    MikeReis wrote: »
    About every 3rd update I do I have to uninstall My Drive Connect and then re-install. Otherwise I get the "our servers are busy right now" message. It is getting old.

Servers busy all the time and you like Apple no update buy a new satnav but if I do buy one it wont be a TomTom , mine is working perfectly with enough space on it, fortunately there are other makes on the market.
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,488 Superuser
    edited February 24
    Hi all

@MikeReis

I also have Start25 (NAV3) like you and my PC is under Windows 10. I don't have this "Servers busy" message.
    But when I install MyDrive Connect (MDC) I disable 2 optional functions, I log in MDC and I have an exception in my firewall for MDC.
    Maybe try my setup to see if it brings improvement?

With your device Not connected to your PC

1 / Redo a clean installation of MDC or delete the HOME3 and MyDrive Connect folders as @YamFazMan explained to you here
    C:\Users\ "your PC user name" \AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3
    C:\Users\ "your PC user name" \AppData\Local\TomTom\MyDrive Connect

2/ When MDC opens you will see this popup window:
    cyyat88cscxr.png

Untick 2 options:
    - "Start MyDrive Connect when computer starts(recommended)"
    - "Automatically download updates between ...".

3/ Even if it's no longer necessary for NAV3 and MDC does not ask for it, Log in with your email and password in MDC to identify you as your device.

4/ Some firewall (the VPNs too) can block the connexion with MDC. Do an exception for MDC, this file:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MyDrive Connect\TomTom MyDrive Connect.exe

Check also if your firewall allows connection with your device, "trusted network".
    If you use the Windows firewall, look at this link "how to do", add TomTom MDC for "private" and "public" network.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-troubleshoot-and-fix-windows-10s-firewall-problems#allow_app_windows_firewall

Personally I use another firewall, Kaspersky, and I have to do it.

5/ Connect your device and try a next update.
    Now you have to manually launch MDC to check if you have any updates.

I hope there will be an improvement for you. But I'm not sure that this is a solution to the "Servers Busy" message.

Regards.
    Hi @MikeReis

I will need some log files to be forwarded to our Dev team as it seems this is happening quite often on your machine. Next time this happens, just follow the steps below to retrieve the logs.

1. Enable the logs in MyDrive Connect (from Setting > General > Enable MyDrive Connect Log files temporarily > Save Settings)

Try to connect the device again and see if you still get the same error message.

2. Logs files can be found in:

• Windows: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\

You can send these to me through a private message. (Please send the log files only when you see the error)

Regards, lampard
    I appreciate the help from all and will make time soon to do these things...