How do I update to [START] SW Ver 9.541 — TomTom Community

How do I update to [START] SW Ver 9.541

My TT START is currently at 9.510 after an update this week. I noticed in a webpage here that the most current software version for START is 9.541 however TT Home indicates there are no updates in software to be had.

How do I get 9.541 and install it?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    edited February 6
    Hi MT

Firmware v9.510 probably is the latest for your device START 50

2e7305tnscsn.png

v9.541 applies of the devices listed in the below image-

kcbplqfvo35z.png

TomTom website- Release Notes

Note: For a better view please open the image in a new tab or browser window.

Thanks
    Vikram
  • MTMT Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK:

Howdy and thanks for the input. I found the same website & images you posted above; however, look at the end of the products in v9.541 for "Start". That's the model I have (no idea how old it is... I bought it at Radio Shack, so that should date it... LOL).

In fact, I found a TT website link (from another GPS Nav website & forum) for v9.541. I gingerly loaded the new files into my TT START and pulled the trigger. It works fine, the version shows 9.541 on the device and the WRNO issue is resolved. My next test was to attach the START to TTHome to see how it reacted (since it has never shown me 9.541). Well, it's fine too and continues to send me QuickGPSFix updates, one after another, each time I hit "Update".

As such, it looks like this will keep this unit alive until the Western US & Canada map gets too big to fit into the 2 GB space; I've culled out about all the unneeded files I can (cars, voices, non-US licenses.. albeit none are large sized), so I'm sticking with this one until updates just won't fit anymore.

Thanks for responding. Best regards.

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,101
    Superuser
    Hi @MT

Could you advise the first 2 letters of your Starts serial number so I can check what the memory options are.

Doug
    GU
    Superuser
    Hi

Sorry can you check that as that combination does not appear on the list as you can see in this Link.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/kw/what tomtom do I have

Doug
    I think I sent a photo of the SN to your Inbox
    us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/~/find-the-model-of-your-navigation-device-and-what-software-it-uses

GU is in this list as either a START 50 or START 55. As you can see in the photo I sent to you (hopefully), the tag says only START.

Thanks!
    Superuser
    Hi @MT

Well picked up. The reason I asked is Start 50's in the Europe has either 4gb or 8gb of internal memory and both have the ability to add a memory card which can be a Micro SD Class 10 and up to a maximum of 32gb.

I wanted to check what your unit has but I see that it does say that you cannot get Maps etc for it now which means you will not get updates to the map either.

Enjoy it in the meantime all the best.

Doug
    Doug, that's interesting. It's possible this one is so old it was before the 50 & 55. This model has only 2 Gb of internal memory and no slots for a card.

I was able to update to the Western USA & Canada map (the smaller of the two available and the one of most interest) a couple of days ago but had to do some memory mgmt. to get it to fit.

The emails I'm getting from TT are not specifically saying that they won't update my maps any longer, just that I cannot "get" any new maps (interesting choice of words). When I open TTHome, in fact, the button for "Buy Maps" is not available, nor are any of the buttons when I select "Accessories" that used to include car images, voices, and other misc items that could be loaded into the device; those are no longer available.

Thanks for your interest and assistance. Best regards.
    I'm in TX BTW

Matt
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,806
    Superuser
    @MT

"GU">START 50 (2012) / 55, 2GB, TomTom HOME NAV2 Eol

For details of what Eol means see https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/obsolete-products/#car