No warning sound for speed camera's iPhone app — TomTom Community

No warning sound for speed camera's iPhone app

MetoalentMetoalent Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I am getting no warning sounds for speed camera's from TomTom Go version 2.0 when using my iPhone 6s.
Voice instructions work fine.
The speed camera appear on the phone display, but i hear no sound warning.
I have selected a Computerised Voice, Xander for the Netherlands.
Under Sounds and Warnings I have all option on.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,745 [Elite Voyager]
    edited July 2019
    Hi @Metoalent

Try changing the Sounds and Warnings to Read Aloud . Better info than a Sound.

Check that if you tap Menu that the Speaker bottom left has not got a line through it, Is the Volume bar well to the right and make sure the Voice Icon Bottom Right does not have a line through it.

Also try turning the Phone completely off and then on again.

Doug
  • MetoalentMetoalent Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 2019
    Sounds and Warnings are set to Read Aloud.

On Menu the Speaker bottom left has not got a line through it, the Voice Icon Bottom Right does not have a line through it.

I have turned the Phone completely off and then on again.

I have checked every thing you proposed, but stil no warning sound with the speed camera's... :-(

I don't know if there are more people having this problem. I do know on my iPhone 6s and my fathers iPhone 6s we get no warning sound with the speed camera's.
  • JarliphoneJarliphone Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same problem in my iphone6s plus
    Any solution?
  • Clint989Clint989 Posts: 44 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Same problem on my iPhone XS.

This is a bug. Seems to only apply to certain cameras. I.e. some cameras show on the map AND trigger a warning sound, other cameras show on the map but DON’T trigger a warning sound.
    Hi @Clint989

I have the Apple 5SE phone and I have no problem with the cameras info on the App. I have the unit set to Serena as the voice and also in Sounds and Warnings have the Read Aloud setting. I then get the images of the cameras on the screen and a verbal warning of them all including Mobile Camera Hotpots and Average Speed Cameras which is much better than a sound.

Doug
  • MetoalentMetoalent Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have had contact with the Tomtom support.
    They will send it to the relevant department.
    I hope there will be a solution soon!
  • Quincehouse_5344Quincehouse_5344 Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    No sound on directions, speed camera of any warning, tried to engage read aloud but it is greyed out, please help, it has been fine for a year, it is a built in dash.
  • ssmit407ssmit407 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have apple 5SE but have no camera images on my maps. Voice set as Serena and Read Aloud. Internet connected and Unlimited Navigation...………...HELP
  • WebstarblueWebstarblue Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited February 5
    I have just dowloaded the app on Iphone7. I get both voice warning and the irritating bonk bonk bonk warning. Is it possible to get rid of the bonking? I am using the free month trial, so if I cannot get this right I will cancel. cheers
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,637 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Webstarblue

Welcome to the Community! I think you're referring to the warning sounds for speed camera & hazards. You can set warning type as 'visual only' to change it, see here

Regards, lampard
    Thanks Lampard, but what I am actually looking for is voice warning and visual, but not the bonk. Also I notice if I use the app, not connected to CarPlay, the sound still comes through the car speakers rather than the phone itself. Is there a setting to alter that? Cheers

lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Webstarblue

Welcome to the Community! I think you're referring to the warning sounds for speed camera & hazards. You can set warning type as 'visual only' to change it, see here

Regards, lampard

edited February 6
    Hi @Webstarblue

Under Settings/Voices I assume you have a Computerised voice like Serena selected.

Under Settings /Sounds and Warnings I assume you have Read Aloud warnings selected. Do you have When Speeding selected as Always under Safety Warnings if so try changing that to Never.

Regarding your comment about your still getting Warnings via the Speakers this I think happens if the App is open and running in the background. If the App is turned off, i.e. not open, then this should be resolved. Also If you open Settings/Run in Background you can deselect Run App in background.

Doug
    Thanks DougLap. I have the settings as you suggest. I will try and explain my problem as I probably wasn't that clear last time.
    If I want to use the app as a standalone Nav in my car, how do I get the voice to come from the phone and not the speakers of the car? I cannot switch off bluetooth because of any calls.
    When I use Carplay how do I just get voice warnings and not the bonk bonk bonk?
    I want to use the app because of the camera warnings and my memory of my old satnavs was always good with TT.
    Hi @Webstarblue

On my car I connect my iPhone to the CarPlay by cable from the phone to a USB socket. Ie I do not connect via Bluetooth. When I am using the TT Go Navigation app with or without a Route on it I also get calls because I get offered the call and can accept it. I can set in Settings/ Run in Background to return the display back to there TT app during a call.

When I use CarPlay I get a Bong followed by advice as to what type of Cameras it is. I don't think you can get rid of the initial sound. Your suggestion is you get a number of Sounds (Bong Bong Bong)
    It seems like the app doesn't work as I would have like or even as well as Waze, such a shame