Can TomTom One be updated any more?? — TomTom Community

Can TomTom One be updated any more??

Hello,
Apologies for a request that may already be answered somewhere. I've just lost 90 minutes of my life in the labarynth of the TomTom Web site...

I have a old TomTom One (Series 1). The map on it is VERY old. Last time I updated it probably 6-7 years ago. Is it possible to get a more recent map? It seems that TomTom no longer provide new maps - fair enough - but is there a "last supported Map" anywhere that I could download??

Long shot before I bin it.
Many thanks,
Glen

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,342
    Superuser
    Hi @Glenaob

Select your Units serial numbers first two digits on the following link and you will be told what model you have and whether or not it is still supported.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/kw/which tomtom do i have

Doug
  • GlenaobGlenaob Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks very much for your reply. I'd gotten past that point. It is *not* officially supported anymore - but the message then says consult the forum. Hence my request.

I get that a certain point TomTom cut support (It's old enough to be a reasonable thing to do). Was hoping they might have had a "last released version of map". It will be out of date but not as bad as the one on my TomTom at the moment!!

Cheers,
    Glen.

Superuser
    Hi @Glenaob

I regret that I suspect that once Tomtom stopped support that they no longer offered any updates to the latest and that the devices would be as they were at that time the service was suspended.

If they can give you the last possible update then maybe @VikramK can advise so keep an eye out here.

Doug
  • GlenaobGlenaob Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug,
    Appreciate your kind help and will look out in case @VikramK can advise.

I fully appreciate that even if there was something it would be out of date by today's standards. But it would be better than I have. Frankly I will buy a new one for myself and was simply planning to give this old one away free to a deserving cause. It works fine after all these years other than maps out of date.
    Thanks again.
    Glen
    Superuser
    edited February 6
    Hi @Glenaob

Your welcome. The new devices are very different to the one you are used too. Once you have got used to the new system they perform well. I have a Camper unit and a car unit for SHMBO and as I have Apple CarPlay in my car I have the App on my phone which is just like the PND units and is gradually being made capable of do the same as them. The App can also be used without CarPlay.

ATB

Doug