GO PRO 620 screen goes blank when driving — TomTom Community

GO PRO 620 screen goes blank when driving

DegseyDegsey Posts: 13 [Master Traveler]
Hi my tomtom go pro screen goes blank when I'm driving for about minute ,happens few times during my shift any help with this please

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,210
    Superuser
    Hi @Degsey

Try Soft Reset ie when the unit is working Hold the On/Off button down for about 29 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll sound then let the button go. The unit will restart and you can then see if you still have the same problem.

What is the amount of free memory space on your devices internal memory. 400mb is the recommended minimum as this is used for operation purposes and so if limited can slow up or cause other problems during use.

If the Soft Reset does not resolve it then a Reset Device in Settings/System. Check your My Places and any POI or Route files you have on the unit are backed up in your account by going to the My Drive website. If they are then they will be restored back onto the Go620 after the update.

Doug
  • DegseyDegsey Posts: 13 [Master Traveler]
    Hi I've tried soft reset and reset device,but still happens ,I'll check memory but I dont store much in it except favourite places thanks
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,210
    Superuser
    Hi @Degsey

Are you using the original Cig connector that came with the unit. If you are connecting the unit to a USB socket then you are not getting enough power to run and. charge the unit and so eventually the battery level will drop too low. Some 3rd Party Cig connectors also fail to provide the required level of charge and the unit goes into power save mode.

One other option could be to reload the software on the device. This can be done using the Recovery mode. The tricky bit is getting the 3 Taps right.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • DegseyDegsey Posts: 13 [Master Traveler]
    Hi I've done everything that was suggested but screen keeps going black and coming back on ,some times it goes black and on to drum roll ,don't know what else to do
  • Dilly1958Dilly1958 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Having same problem with mine. I’ve even upgraded to the latest truck device and it is still doing the same. All the extra’s I am using are the original ones that have come with it so can’t be a power problem.

Only started recently never had a problem with it before.
  • MrTDMrTD Posts: 69 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I have two devices one being a brand new 6250 truck device and both have similar problem after last software update, but Tom Tom do not seem to think there is a problem.

Here is a video of what happens
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=DpDXe3xOytI