Pedometer function (step counter) highly inaccurate - Page 4 — TomTom Community

Pedometer function (step counter) highly inaccurate

124»

Comments

• DaljitsinzDaljitsinz Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have Just Bought TOMTOM SPARK3 Cardio + Music + GPS

Run , GPS is highly accurate

but Step Count is pathetic...... I don't know how it is calculating the Data where My mobile phone application is Counting 3000 Steps and Tom Tom gives me a Star of Achivment of 10000 Steps.

Its weird, please give the resolution and get it Fixed
  • mbw479mbw479 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    I have just started a global corporate challenge through work, we have all been issued pedometers to keep track of steps. I have found that the pedometer step count reads much higher than my tomtom spark. However I did notice that last night while laying on my bed, I actually accumulated an extra 1200 steps on the tomtom spark.....
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,173
    Superusers
    mbw479 wrote:
    I have just started a global corporate challenge through work, we have all been issued pedometers to keep track of steps. I have found that the pedometer step count reads much higher than my tomtom spark. However I did notice that last night while laying on my bed, I actually accumulated an extra 1200 steps on the tomtom spark.../quote]
    Seriously, what are you, 12? Grow up, this is a public forum.
  • KatrienKatrien Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem with the step count. The first post about this, dates from two years ago. Did Tom Tom do something to fix the completely inaccurate pedometer? I bought the wacth a few days ago and I'm really disappointed about the pedometer, if I had known this beforehand :-(
    Is there anybody with some resolutions?

Thanks!
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,173
    Superusers
    Katrien wrote:
    I have the same problem with the step count. The first post about this, dates from two years ago. Did Tom Tom do something to fix the completely inaccurate pedometer? I bought the wacth a few days ago and I'm really disappointed about the pedometer, if I had known this beforehand :-(
    Is there anybody with some resolutions?

Thanks!
    There are no resolutions, it is the way it is. I am surprised you bought a watch two days ago from a company that went out of the watch business nine months ago and is no longer producing devices. I would take care with your buying decision considering TT has left the wearables market and is not producing any new devices (and never even released the Adventurer in the US), I would assume at this point any updates will be limited to bug fixes. I would not expect much more development so what you get in the box will likely be all there is. There are also major connectivity and battery drain issues that have not been resolved in over nine months. If you are able, you may want to consider returning the device and going with another brand from a company that is actively in the sports watch market and intends to continue producing and supporting devices.
  • PK_TOMTOMPK_TOMTOM Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    SOLUTION FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE HAVING AN ISSUE WITH INNACURACY

Simply add 20 cm for height under profile That will adjust the stride length. Play with this number up or down as you test it out by taking steps and viewing the step increase.