How to manage/import custom POI GO620 wifi — TomTom Community

How to manage/import custom POI GO620 wifi

vw1dpkjwxufh.png
I don't know how I did it before, but it now seems impossible to go beyond this screen in MyDrive Connect with my GO620 wifi. How do I manage my POI's otherwise?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,165
    Superuser
    edited February 2020
    Hi @jt13166

Firstly the recommended method to update the GO620 is to do it without any connection to your PC but to have it connect directly to your Wifi then go.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Updates and New Items.
    Now do the updates one at a time.

If you have no WIFI , IE you have a wired system or your Download speed is slowish then you attach it to your PC and open the My Drive Connect Software and when the page you have shown appears you then ignore the PC and go to the Menu options on the GO620 and to as I have listed above.

Regarding the loading of POI and Route files then you open your PC's Browser and go to the Tomtom My Drive Webpage. There you log into your Account, as on the GO620 and then you use the menu options on the lefthand side to add POI files etc to your account then yes are synced to your Device when it connects to your account. See the attached video.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034225/how-to-import-pois-gpx-files-and-favourites-in-mydrive

ATB

Doug
  • Oskar-2Oskar-2 Posts: 1,632 [Revered Voyager]
    The TomTom MyDrive and/or route planner app should still do the trick.