I have lost the ability to use voice control. I believe I need to have the voice 'Serena' ? — TomTom Community

I have lost the ability to use voice control. I believe I need to have the voice 'Serena' ?

I cannot find Serena to download and install

Best Answer

• Polly_Joke19Polly_Joke19 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @DougLap and @VikramK , I have managed to get Serena on my TomTom. After 15 hours of attempting to transfer from PC to device, I uninstalled and re-installed TomTom App, factory reset device and soft reset, then downloaded direct to device.
    Thanks for your help

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,202
    Superuser
    Hi @Polly_Joke19

You will need @VikramK or @lampard to add the voice o your account so you can load it.

Doug
    Great. How do I get either of them to do that?
    Superuser
    Hi

Look back here tomorrow when they are back on line and see if they have responded. They will post here if they have.

Doug
    Many thanks for your help Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Hi @Polly_Joke19

Welcome to the community!

Voice-activated. Just download it using MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    Thank you for loading up Serena to my account. Unfortunately, I am able to download it on MyDrive Connect (100%) but it won't transfer to my TomTom. I have spoken to support twice but still to no avail.
    Superuser
    Hi @Polly_Joke19

Just to confirm when you click on My Content for your device and scroll down to where Voices are referred too can you not find reference to it there?

Doug
    Hi Doug, on my TomTom GO5000, when I go to settings / voices, the voices Serena is not there. VikramK made the voice available to my account to download. I managed to download to my PC but this won't transfer to my TomTom. Under the PC icon (which is 100%) it says checking - but it won't copy to the TomTom. It has been in this position for 5 hours now! I was old to wait until it failed then try to download it directly to my TomTom, NOT via my PC
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @DougLap and @VikramK , I have managed to get Serena on my TomTom. After 15 hours of attempting to transfer from PC to device, I uninstalled and re-installed TomTom App, factory reset device and soft reset, then downloaded direct to device.
    Thanks for your help
    Superuser
    Hi @Polly_Joke19

Glad you are sorted. Odd you had to go to those lengths to resolve it.

Doug