Directory TomTom/HOME3/cache contains 4,5 GB do I need this ?? ..huge 'content' files

AABB
AABB Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
Why do I need all this space on my PC Hard drive just to update my TomTom device ???

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,324
     Superuser
    edited January 2020
    Hi
    @AABB

That will probably be the Cached files from your last Map update
    The cache For MyDrive Connect is not automatically deleted after the install of a new Maps etc to the device...
    If you are happy with the last Update to you device
    To clear the cache....
    With the myDrive Connect running + The MDC Main window open
    Click on the Gear Icon screen top right
    Click on Downloads Tab
    Click 'Empty Download folder'
    Cilck 'Save setting'

If you need to update/repair the a Map, the file is available on your Tomtom Cloud Account ready to download and install again

ATB YFM
  • michelly
    michelly Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I had 74 GB in the downloadmap, why is this not deleted automatically?
  • AABB
    AABB Registered Users Posts: 10
    Apprentice Seeker
    a 74 GB download is absurd...something is seriously wrong with the design of the TomTom update system. ..TomTom users should be allowed to select which geographical regions they want to to update, and the TomTom update system should only download updates for those selected regions
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,391
     Superuser
    The cache folder is probably here:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\cache

Make a shortcut to it on your desktop and just delete the contents regularly.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,324
     Superuser
    edited February 4
    Hi
    @AABB
    The Via 1515 is an early NAV 3 Device the full NAV3 Europe map is just over 4.7GB the USA Map is less...
    h6r0qvvh71ac.jpg
    Wow... 75GB of data in the MyDrive Connect Cache... Have you ever cleared the cache ???
    The 75GB of data will probably be the Cached files from all of the Map updates you have previous installed....
    The cache For MyDrive Connect is not automatically deleted after the install of a new Maps etc to the device...
    If you are happy with the last Update to you device
    To clear the cache....
    With the myDrive Connect running + The MDC Main window open
    Click on the Gear Icon screen top right
    Click on Downloads Tab
    Click 'Empty Download folder'
    Cilck 'Save setting'

I own/maintain several Tomtom devices in each of the model ranges...
    It's useful for me, not having an auto deleting the map update, as it means I do not need to repeatedly download the same Map over & over again for each Map update...
    If you need to update/repair the Map, the file is available on your Tomtom Cloud Account ready to download and install again

Stay Safe... ATB YFM