MacOS High Sierra Keychain problem — TomTom Community

MacOS High Sierra Keychain problem

DavoDavoDavoDavo Posts: 30 [Master Traveler]
edited January 2019 in MyDrive Connect
Hi,
I have a Go 500. All was working fine with MyDrive Connect up until a week or so ago when MyDrive Connect said it wanted to update itself.
So I downloaded the new version and installed it - ever since, whenever I launch the app I get a message telling me that Keychain doesn't recognise it (or something like that) and to enter my Keychain password in the splash screen that appears.
Entering the correct password doesn't work and I am unable to get rid of the splash screen until I shut the Mac down - and then it pops up again as soon as the Mac has started! I cannot use the MyDrive Connect app at all.
The only way out of it is to delete the MyDrive Connect app and restart the Mac.
I have tried downloading and installing MyDrive Connect three times, the last time telling it not to open at login and still get the same results when I launch it manually - it's driving me bonkers!
Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• DavoDavoDavoDavo Posts: 30 [Master Traveler]
    Here's the splash screen that appears. I just downloaded the app again and get the same result. App now deleted (again!). So how do I update my GO500?
    6495aaeb-1efb-456f-a877-1b7ee2d8f9fd.jpg
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,892
    Superuser
    @DavoDavo

Think you will have to report this to Customer Services to see what they can offer you.

:flag_au: Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
    Thanks for the reply, Niall.
    I think you are correct, but how the heck do I do that?
    If I go to the support page all I get is a list of FAQ's.
    I can't find anywhere in the support pages or the Contact link to send TomTom Support a message.
    I've tried the UK web site and the Australian web site with exact same results.
    Very frustrating.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,423
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DavoDavo

Contact Tomtom Support to sort out your problems

Support Phone numbers.... Thanks to User Niall for maintaining the list
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/travel-lounge-154/customer-support-phone-numbers-988105/index1.html#post1020431

Email....
    Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Or
    Click Here for a direct link to 'Contact us'....
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB

Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US

OR

Email Direct Link...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4692/p/2986/es/0
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Note... You must already be logged into the site for the 'Email Direct link' to work

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan - many thanks for the direct link, I could not get to the 'email us' page any other way.
    I have submitted the problem details to TomTom.
    I'll update this thread when I get an answer/resolution.
  • njs1959_un36njs1959_un36 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    DavoDavo (great name by the way. Not like mine) Have TomTom ever got back you? It's been 7 months now.
  • tonydeb_1tonydeb_1 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am having same problem. Thinking of giving up on Tom Tom as much as I like it and just using myGoogle maps on my phone.
  • James_KirkJames_Kirk Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    tonydeb_1 wrote: »
    I am having same problem. Thinking of giving up on Tom Tom as much as I like it and just using myGoogle maps on my phone.

I solved it this way. Go into keychain access ( you may need to enter your admin password) on your mac. Put "tomtom" in the search box - and then delete all the entries that come up.
  • Mandy_K40Mandy_K40 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Still waiting for Tom tom to post an answer. Come on Tomtom this is crap.
    I want to gain access
  • mpatters00mpatters00 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I just tried going into KeyChain Access and deleting all of the TomTom entries. It worked like a charm and I'm currently downloading my new map. Thanks for coming up with a solution! TomTom has my business for a while longer ...