Spotify whilst running TomTom Go CarPlay — TomTom Community

Spotify whilst running TomTom Go CarPlay

Hi,

I am considering upgrading my car to CarPlay and i use TomTom Go and Spotify religiously on my commute. How is the interaction between both? Can i skip songs whilst the TomTom Go app is up? Can i see track names?

I have an iPhone 11 Pro so will have the latest iOS and TomTom Go app.

Comments

• PalfermanPalferman Posts: 115 [Supreme Navigator]
    Hi @Lavan_S
    First of all this is only my opinion but I’ve been using CarPlay for some time and it is my and I repeat my preference.
    If you’re using CarPlay with say the Go app and Spotify you would need to toggle between screens to change anything on Spotify, the Go app would continue to give voice instructions (on my car I could set up two screens and use one to but I don’t know if you would be able to on your set up)
    But more to the point regarding the upgrade to CarPlay, don’t expect to see the same functionality you see on the app on the CarPlay version. For example you won’t see a route bar (and before anyone points out that this is an Apple template restriction I understand but await patiently a work around). In fact you won’t see much at all, there is very little information. But in saying that it suits me, I’ve run it against my GO5000 and I can’t fault the traffic routing, it works every time and has got me out of trouble on numerous occasions, although I usually decline the 1 min faster routes coz they usually end up in someone’s driveway
    Bizarrely if you use Apple maps (but who would) there’s a split screen which shows the routing for sat nav and whatever’s playing at the time. Is it just an Apple thing or can they open it out for like Tomtom

• Lavan_SLavan_S Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I agree, I love the TomTom routing, it excels Google Maps, Waze etc. Sucks the route bar isn’t there but it wouldn’t be the end of the world I guess.

Can you still skip track pressing the next track button whilst navigating? At least Spotify still plays in the background I guess.
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 115 [Supreme Navigator]
    Think you need to change screens, that’s why I use it I go from radioplayer to Spotify and maybe Apple Music all on same trip, that’s why I use CarPlay
  • Gbroom1990Gbroom1990 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Appreciate this is a bit of a late response but you can use Siri to skip songs, select playlists on Spotify ect while TomTomGo is on the display. My only annoyance is you cannot use Siri with to start routes with TomTomGo.