R-Link in Scenic - no maps found - update failed — TomTom Community

R-Link in Scenic - no maps found - update failed

zerofourzerofour Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I've also asked this on a Renault forum but just wondered if anyone had any advice... The R-Link said it needed updating today which I did. I then thought I'd check the SD card as well. Putting it back in the car it said 'no maps found'. I've then had various errors to restoring the SD card, maps continually not found and now (having downloaded the latest map for the UK for £40) it continually fails to update in-car. I've found both R-Link, the Toolbox and the R-Link store to be a big clunky mess. Other than contacting Renault on Monday, does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks!

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Hi @zerofour

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry but TomTom only offers the software on the R-Link model. For support relating queries, we direct our customers to R-Link support-

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17757/

Regards
    Vikram
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    Your description of big clunky mess is sadly accurate.
    With no guarantees, try in the Store, My services, My updates, Manage my products. You should find a list of maps with tick boxes, ticking the box is supposed to install the map on your card. Keep experimenting and maybe one time something will happen. Make sure you have a free day ahead, as going to and from the car to test for a result may keep you occupied for some long time. Do NOT be tempted to update the car with only the ignition on without starting the engine - that cost me a new battery when I sent it flat. Remember always to disconnect the SD card correctly from both car and computer.

Good luck!!!
  • zerofourzerofour Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Carminat.

Just to update on my issues in case it helps anyone else.., I've spent around 9 weeks communicating with Renault and their technical support team / experts regarding this issue. Constant errors on updating, no maps found and more. Having followed every step found online (and then being asked to do the same by the tech team) it's now presumed to be a failed SD card issue.
  • CarminatCarminat Posts: 989 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited January 2020
    Did you follow my suggestions above? What did you find in Manage my products?

If it has been presumed to be a failed SD card, have Renault offered you a free replacement? If they are telling you to buy a new one, in my opinion they are shrugging it off and not helping you.