TomTom software is a nightmare-slow and buggy software - Page 2 — TomTom Community

TomTom software is a nightmare-slow and buggy software

2»

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,948 Superuser
    Hi @jimhcatlover

This idiot, who is a Tomtom Customer like you, only has 60mb download. When I want to update the European map which is circa 8gb+ it is downloaded to my PC in less than 30 minutes and completely install in about 1 hour.

Can I suggest that you open up My Drive Connect click on the gear wheel icon top Right Click on Downloads and check to see if the setting Download updates to my Computer is Checked. If it isn't then Check it and you may find the speeds things up.

Doug
  • phosslerphossler Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Using MyDrive Connect I can D/L map updates (~4GB) in a minute or 2 -- I can live with that

And then … it takes 1 - 2 hours to push to the device if I'm lucky via USB from the PC

I don't know what 'grade' USB the device has in it, but it's certainly not even USB2

If the device HW only has USB 1.1 capability then I guess I'm stuck with the s-l-o-o-o-w transfer until I get another or someone else's nav device
  • abcwarriorsabcwarriors Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I've had problems with updating my TomTom using the MyDrive Connect software - the USB kept disconnecting over and over again. Eventually I tried a different PC - and bingo - everything worked. No disconnects, zero. The problematic PC is a Surface Pro, the good PC is a Dell Latitude XPS.
    So if you're getting lots of problems with the SatNav disconnecting on the USB connection, try a different PC.
  • Mit TomtomGoMit TomtomGo Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes, agreed that Mydrive is full of bugs, performance is just so bad that Tomtom hasn't done anything to fix it
  • Mit TomtomGoMit TomtomGo Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    If running properly without bugs, then mydrive would be a wonderful tool
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,772 Superusers
    Hi
    @Mit TomtomGo

On the rare occasions I have a problem with myDrive Connect
    I Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Windows PC... Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    If you're using a Mac... Surely there must be a Deep Clean Un-installer Program available for a Mac ???
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The main advantage of using the Revo Un-installer is that Revo first un-installs the Program using the Windows default un-installer ... Then scans and removes any of the left over files from MyDrive Connect that the default Windows un-install leaves behind....

Video using the Revo Uninstaller
    The Free & Pro Versions use the same process....

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Important... Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM