Reports made on 6200 don't appear in Map Share Reporter — TomTom Community

Reports made on 6200 don't appear in Map Share Reporter

hillcroftdavehillcroftdave Posts: 24 [Master Explorer]
If I report a problem when I'm using my 6200 it says that report was accepted but they don't show up in Map Share reporter so I have no idea if the report was actually received by TomTom or whether it was actioned and what the result was!

I am logged in to Map Share Reporter and to the services on my 6200 using the same username and password.

Do they just get silently discarded?

Dave

Answers

• hillcroftdavehillcroftdave Posts: 24 [Master Explorer]
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks for your extensive explanation!

I can see a couple of problems with this....

First, the change I was reporting is a junction access road that no longer exists. Every day I drive to work TomTom suggests that my quickest route is to use this non-existent road to access the A14 but I know if I take this route I will have to go via the villages north of Cambridge.

Do I have to wait 6-9 months for this change to appear? By then the road layout will have changed again several times!

Second, if I report via MapShare on my laptop, I can see what the status of my report is (pending, accepted etc). If I report on the 6200, it just "disappears" and so I have no idea if it was actually received. Since I'm logged in with the same credentials, surely these reports could appear on MapShare?

Dave
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,024 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Dave :)
    First, the change I was reporting is a junction access road that no longer exists. Every day I drive to work TomTom suggests that my quickest route is to use this non-existent road to access the A14 but I know if I take this route I will have to go via the villages north of Cambridge.

Reports of such closures are a bit tricky, and I am not completely aware of how they will be dealt with. If you switch to the classic view of MapShare you can report a closure under 'Block or Unblock'. These changes are rolled out faster and we don't have to wait for 6-9 months.

Does the route selection change on the device when you select a different route planning setting? Perhaps it could also be related to a routing algorithm error on the device.
    Second, if I report via MapShare on my laptop, I can see what the status of my report is (pending, accepted etc). If I report on the 6200, it just "disappears" and so I have no idea if it was actually received. Since I'm logged in with the same credentials, surely these reports could appear on MapShare?

In both cases, the corrections go into our core map data, unfortunately the reports on the device are not synced to the MapShare website :/

Regards,
    Vikram
  • bigbig Posts: 1,611 Superuser
    Once your route is plotted by the 6200 you can go to Settings -> Current route and tell the 6200 to avoid the road(s) leading to that junction. Unfortunately this is not remembered permanently on the device so you would have to do this each time.
    big wrote: »
    Once your route is plotted by the 6200 you can go to Settings -> Current route and tell the 6200 to avoid the road(s) leading to that junction. Unfortunately this is not remembered permanently on the device so you would have to do this each time.

Yes, but the sequence of presses is so long and laborious that you can't do it whilst driving, you would have to pull over and do it.

Switch to map view
    Zoom in on the problem road
    Touch it and hope that it says "route to where-ever", if not, repeat until it does.
    Press three dots "..."
    Manage route
    Scroll to the turn that you want to change
    Block

You have to do this before you reach the decision point for the shorter route so it can calculate a new route (which may be longer and so put you back on the original route) otherwise if you're halfway down the "faster" route then it may be no longer faster after you've blocked the road!!

Dave

VikramK wrote: »
    Hi Dave :)

f you switch to the classic view of MapShare you can report a closure under 'Block or Unblock'. These changes are rolled out faster and we don't have to wait for 6-9 months.

I can't see the option to switch to "Classic Mode", I think it was there but it isn't now.

I just checked the report and it says "Fixed" but the road is not shown as blocked in both directions, it only shows as blocked in one direction!

kmz74kh2moqi.png

Dave

• smithy2389smithy2389 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    You could plan your route on my drive and then save it to my routes so you avoid the said incident.
    edited February 7

I can't see the option to switch to "Classic Mode", I think it was there but it isn't now.

Hi Dave,

The team has decided to move the website 100% to the new look. Due to which the option to switch back to the classic view is no longer available.

I just checked the report and it says "Fixed" but the road is not shown as blocked in both directions, it only shows as blocked in one direction!

I understood what you are trying to say. I reviewed some of the other mapping websites to confirm this change. I will try to get this corrected internally.

Thanks,
    Vikram
    edited February 12
    @hillcroftdave

Hi Dave,

I have an update on this. The map region where you are trying to report this road correction is interdependent on some routing changes. This is currently being worked upon under one big project. It will also cover and rectify the incorrect turn reported by you, once completed.

Thanks,
    Vikram