New software v18.203 available for download - Page 2 — TomTom Community

New software v18.203 available for download

2»

Comments

• TzaphkielTzaphkiel Posts: 25 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    So,

like many people ask and are wondering... what are the improvements and bugs that have been fixed ???
    Is it so difficult to generate a List of features and a List of bug fixes... ?

Not only is this device still not able to allow me to follow a simple GPX track without bugging out or sending me back home on a whim, communication by the company is appalling.

The initial Tomtom rider was a great device. This new version (400) is a real piece of (non functional) hardware. For the price, I would have expected much much better.

Take your responsibilities and :
    - communicate correctly
    - write proper release notes
    - fix this interface
    - allow communication with the PC easier (like old rider)
    - did I mention already communicate correctly and proper release notes?
  • LC123LC123 Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    To echo other comments on the subject, WHY NO RELEASE NOTES! Why keep your loyal customers in the dark about what you have fixed? Why should I waste the next 30 to an hour testing if bugs that affect me are fixed? (When probably they are not).

TomTom are appalling, either their organisation and bug tracking internally is so bad they don't actually know what's fixed (or broken) to provide proper release notes, or they care so little for their customers they just can't be bothered.

TomTom will become GoneGone unless they start being more open and respond to their customer requests.
  • mauromolmauromol Posts: 80 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hello all,

We've just released a new software v18.203.0026 for the TomTom GO 40, GO 50, GO 51, GO 60, GO 61, GO 400, GO 500, GO 600, GO 510, GO 610, Rider 450, Rider 410, Rider 400, Rider 40, GO 5000, GO 6000, GO 5100, GO 6100, Trucker 5000, Trucker 6000, START 40, START 50, START 60, Start 42, Start 52, Start 62, VIA 52, VIA 62 series. It's available for download in the MyDrive Connect.

@VikramK please note there's no mention of this update at: https://it.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/navkit

Mauro
  • c.brinkhuisc.brinkhuis Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Translated in English:

19101 version
    This update applies to: GO 520, GO 5200 WiFi WiFi WiFi, 620, GO GO GO PROFESSIONAL 6200 6200 WiFi, 520/520 TRUCKER, GO PROFESSIONAL (For US), 620/620 TRUCKER GO PROFESSIONAL (For US), GO PROFESSIONAL 6250, GO Basic, GO Essential, TomTom GO Premium, Premium TomTom GO TomTom GO X 52, Rider 53 500/550, VIA
    • Avoid tunnels on the route : you don't like driving in tunnels? No problem, to avoid them go to settings > trip planner > Evita on each route: galleries.
    • Toggle visibility 3D buildings If your device came with the availability of 3D buildings, you can ENABLE/disable them. To this end, go to settings > Appearance > View > Navigation View 3D buildings/landmarks.
    • The clear route : you can add the button clear route to route bar in the Navigation view. To enable this option, go to settings > Appearance > > path bar Shows the clear path.

Origineel
    Per attivare questa opzione, accedi a Impostazioni > Aspetto > Barra del percorso > Mostra pulsante Cancella percorso.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 649 Superuser
    Translated in English:

19101 version
    This update applies to: GO 520, GO 5200 WiFi WiFi WiFi, 620, GO GO GO PROFESSIONAL 6200 6200 WiFi, 520/520 TRUCKER, GO PROFESSIONAL (For US), 620/620 TRUCKER GO PROFESSIONAL (For US), GO PROFESSIONAL 6250, GO Basic, GO Essential, TomTom GO Premium, Premium TomTom GO TomTom GO X 52, Rider 53 500/550, VIA
    • Avoid tunnels on the route : you don't like driving in tunnels? No problem, to avoid them go to settings > trip planner > Evita on each route: galleries.
    • Toggle visibility 3D buildings If your device came with the availability of 3D buildings, you can ENABLE/disable them. etc.....
    This relates to the wifi-enabled devices, not the 500/510/600/6100 devices (which this forum is for).
  • PatjepeeerPatjepeeer Posts: 70 [Supreme Navigator]
    When will the Advanced Lane Guidance-bug be fixed for the NAV4 devices?
    It still fails in this 18.203 release...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,168 Superusers
    Hi
    @Patjepeeer

On my NAV4 GO 5000 I always drive '2D Rotate in direction' of travel with Zoom set to 'Based on road type'
    It's extremely rare. if ever that I have had the problem of the ALG not showing

ATB YFM
  • marchelmzamarchelmza Posts: 46 [Outstanding Wayfarer]

In my go 6000 often loses gps. The cursor is near the road.
    edited November 2019
    Hi
    @marchelmza

Have you changed your car ??? has it got a Metallized Heat reflecting windscreen, this can kill the satellite signal dead
    Some Cheapo Dash Cams have poor RF Shielding, the stray RF can also reduce the satellite signal
    Is the device set low down On or Behind the dashboard
    Is the battery on the GO 6000 Fully charged... A low battery Charge can cause satellite lock problems
    Re... low battery Charge State
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1662089/#Comment_1662089

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

If possible, for the for the first Satellite fix, go outside with a clear view of the Sky
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1654017/#Comment_1654017

If your still struggling to get a GPS Fix
    Try... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1654018/#Comment_1654018

ATB YFM
  • bobbytrapbobbytrap Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    @YamFazMan I have an ALG failure on a daily basis. It occurs when I approach multiple junctions after one another in combination with traffic jams. I need to perform a drum-roll reset to get ALG working again.

For TomTom-staff: an example is approaching the Coentunnel near Amsterdam coming from the A10 or A5 going north. The A5 joins the A10 there plus there are a couple of exits as well. If all are loaded with traffic, the ALG will fail. It will fail until a drum-roll reset is performed. When approaching the same Coentunnel in a quiet traffic situation, ALG is working fine.

My guess is that the NAV4 hardware is not capable of calculating the complex road situation together with traffic. However, I don't mind missing the ALG at one particular situation (in case it is too difficult to execute the ALG-algorithm), but I don't want to perform a drum-roll reset over and over to get the whole ALG feature working again.

Regards, Bob
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @bobbytrap

What Tomtom Device & Model do you own... is it fully updated ???

ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan , I own a GO 40 and yes it is fully updated. I created a ticket with TomTom Support back in 2016 regarding this and the only advise was to fully reset all software on the device (firmware reset). However, this didn't solve the issue.
    Thanks. Rgds, Bob
    edited December 2019
    Hi
    @bobbytrap
    bobbytrap wrote: »
    (Snip)I have an ALG failure on a daily basis. It occurs when I approach multiple junctions after one another in combination with traffic jams. I need to perform a drum-roll reset to get ALG working again
    On my NAV4 GO 5000 I always drive '2D Rotate in direction' of travel with Zoom set to 'Based on road type'

Cut & Paste from a previous post of mine....

Option (2) Appears to give the more stable results

I spent a while testing appearance/disappearance of the 3D buildings display
    Using a Route Demo and the three Zoom options plus the effect of Manual Zoom....

(1)... Zoom set to 'Zoom into next turn'... 3D buildings seem to appear/disappear the most, mainly because of the extreme levels of zoom used for Road types Urban areas, Town/Cites... Junctions and Roundabouts

(2)... Zoom set to 'Based on road type'... 3D buildings appear to be more stable and appear more quickly as you enter the area of 3D buildings

(3)... Zoom set to 'None'.... At Default Zoom 3D buildings display OK
    But If you Zoom the Map, the road appears to zoom in a lot more quickly than the surrounding 3D buildings

Manual Zoom works on all three Zoom Options... The good news is if you hate/love 3D buildings you can turn them off/on at will by simply manually adjusting the zoom level in or out
    bobbytrap wrote: »
    (Snip) My guess is that the NAV4 hardware is not capable of calculating the complex road situation together with traffic. However, I don't mind missing the ALG at one particular situation (in case it is too difficult to execute the ALG-algorithm), but I don't want to perform a drum-roll reset over and over to get the whole ALG feature working again
    See.... 400 MB is considered the bare minimum Free Working Space
    The more Free Space the faster the device will operate
    Check Free Space... Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free Space....
    link to Post... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682914/#Comment_1682914

ATB YFM
    edited December 2019
    All nice, but all the above is not the issue. It is just the long existing bug in the NavKit from version 13 till 18 which has finally been fixed in version 19, only on the WIFI models. The issue boobytrap is experiencing is fully recognizable.
    Hi
    @Patjepeeer

It works for me....

ATB YFM
    Wierd indeed, hopefully TomTom will backfit the solution from version 19 into version 18.whatever for the NAV4 models (non WIFI).

What boobytraps says...:

"...an example is approaching the Coentunnel near Amsterdam coming from the A10 or A5 going north. The A5 joins the A10 there plus there are a couple of exits as well. If all are loaded with traffic, the ALG will fail. It will fail until a drum-roll reset is performed. When approaching the same Coentunnel in a quiet traffic situation, ALG is working fine."

...is the issue... in the Netherlands though. It is the combination of heavy traffic and stress up the device what does the ALG failing.

Hi
    @Patjepeeer

Have you checked the Free working space on your Tomtom Device ???
    Check Free Space... Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free Space....
    link to Post... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682914/#Comment_1682914

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Patjepeeer

Have you checked the Free working space on your Tomtom Device ???

ATB YFM

I didn't check it yet but it should be. The complete Europe map is on an external microSD carda nd no map is loaded on the internal 8Gb memory.
    Merry Christmas all!

I checked my device and it has 6,5 GB of free internal memory, so that shouldn't be the problem (map is installed on SD-card).
    This week it is very quiet on the roads mentioned in my previous post due to the holiday season. Now ALG is functioning normal and there is no need to perform a drum roll reset at all. So the problem definitely has something to do with the traffic load and complexity of the road situation.

Rgds, Bob
    Hi
    @bobbytrap
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Zoom set to 'Zoom into next turn'... 3D buildings seem to appear/disappear the most, mainly because of the extreme levels of zoom used for Road types Urban areas, Town/Cites... Junctions and Roundabouts
    Whether you drive 3D or as I do 2D Rotate in direction of travel... I found the display of the ALG on NAV4 device is OK if you set the Automatic Zoom to 'Based on road type'
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Automatic Zoom....
    Select Based on road type

ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan ,

Unfortunately, changing the zoom type didn't work. I couldn't test it earlier because of the small amount of traffic during the holiday season at the mentioned junction.

There are no problems with ALG while using the TomTom app on my Android & iPhone apps, so I think it is really related to the limited hardware in my GO 40.

Rgds, Bob