Remove Charging Stations from My Places? — TomTom Community

Remove Charging Stations from My Places?

Is there not some way of removing it from the list of POI's? I don't want it or need it, and I'll switch it on when I do.

I have already removed them from the main screen.

It's in the way at the top of my POI list, or is it another unwanted 'feature' that's being forced on me??? (Like the oh so wonderful iOS ''Upgrade'' app...)

I wish I could get rid of the 'Add Work' and 'Marked Locations' as well, at least I'd get some screen space back.

/rantmode

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,669
    Superusers
    Hi
    @AndyCorbett

Sorry NO :/

ATB YFM
  • Maverick_Warrior1970Maverick_Warrior1970 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a GO 610 and had the option of adding charging points, but it is not what i now want. if we cannot remove it is there a way of moving it down the list in My Places as it has moved the one item i use regularly to below the visible screen and i have to scroll down every time to find it. If there is no way of removing it this should be made CLEAR before we get to install it.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,192
    Superuser
    Hi @Maverick_Warrior1970

You can change the name of your POI to move it up the list or you can contact Customer Support and ask them to remove the item from your account so you do not get any more updates. You can ask them if they can remove the existing file from your device.

You do not say where you are in your profile so here is a link to the list of Customer support numbers. Do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

Doug
  • AndyCorbettAndyCorbett Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Maverick_Warrior1970

You can change the name of your POI to move it up the list or you can contact Customer Support and ask them to remove the item from your account so you do not get any more updates. You can ask them if they can remove the existing file from your device.

You do not say where you are in your profile so here is a link to the list of Customer support numbers. Do not answer the questions but wait for an agent to answer.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1115662/phone-numbers-to-contact-customer-support-new

Doug

I'll give that a try thanks
  • BashBrandBashBrand Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Try this [from 'Superuser]:

Tap '. . . . Menu'
    —> 'Settings'
    —> 'Appearance'
    —> 'Show POI lists on map'
    Go to 'Charging Station' & tap 'Hide'

[Tap the blue arrow, top right to return to main screen]
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,669
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Maverick_Warrior1970

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI Lists on the Map....
    Scroll down to 'Charging Station' Tap Hide
    Tap the Blue ( ^ ) Icon... Screen top right to exit....

ATB YFM
    BashBrand wrote: »
    Try this [from 'Superuser]:

Tap '. . . . Menu'
    —> 'Settings'
    —> 'Appearance'
    —> 'Show POI lists on map'
    Go to 'Charging Station' & tap 'Hide'

[Tap the blue arrow, top right to return to main screen]

Thanks for the post, but I want to remove the whole category from My Places on my device. I already have them hidden on map view but this unwanted and unrequested category is pushing my own POI categories down the screen and I want it gone.
    To follow this up
    Hi @Maverick_Warrior1970

Doug

To follow this up I did message support to remove them and they replied to say that they would be gone in the next map update. Of course, that update has been and gone and I still can't be rid of the charging point POI
    Superuser
    Hi @AndyCorbett

You will have to contact Customer Support and ask them to remove from your account to stop you getting the updates. Charger Stations are not part of the map as far as I know.

Doug
    Hi @AndyCorbett

You will have to contact Customer Support and ask them to remove from your account to stop you getting the updates. Charger Stations are not part of the map as far as I know.

Doug

This was the reply I received from CS when I asked to have them removed:

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. This is Rakesh and I am happy to help you.

The reference number for your query is 200217-001693.

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for your patience all this while.

I understand that you wish to completely remove the unwanted POI's from your GO 6200 device. I will definitely help you regarding this issue.

I have checked your account and found that electric vehicle charging point POI's has implemented in the last map update as it's associated with the map, it's not possible to remove it completely from the device. However, we are already taking feedback from the customer and passing it to the concerned department, so that it will be removed in the upcoming map update"

Of course, it wasn't removed and I won't be surprised if the reps have no idea what we are talking about...
    Superuser
    edited March 2020
    Hi @AndyCorbett

Have a look at this post from @VikramK who is one of the Mods on this site.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1688316/#Comment_1688316

Doug