My GO 6200 keeps rebooting — TomTom Community

My GO 6200 keeps rebooting

My SatNav keeps rebooting at least twice per run, very often in very awkward places when I really need navigation. I restarted device, done full reset..nothing helps.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,199 Superuser
    Hi @lukaszzdyb

Are you using the Cigarette connector that came with the Device whilst in the car or are you connecting via a 3rd Party unit or connecting to a USB socket in the vehicle. The latter two options will not give enough power to run the device and charge it up at the same time.

Also could you check that the Connector is a Tight fit in the Cars sockets as some have found their vehicles sockets do not hold the connector well enough to maintain full connection during a journey.

Doug
  • lukaszzdyblukaszzdyb Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    That's what i thought before but no, connection and plugs are sound. It must be something with software. But thanks for a reaponse.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,199 Superuser
    Hi @lukaszzdyb

Ok so I would do a factory Reset and set the device up again.

Go to the My Drive website and check that your device is backed up there showing all your My Places (favourite), and any Poi and Route files you have loaded. If that is okay then:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

The unit will be restored to the Out of the Box state except any Map or Operating Software versions you currently have on the GO6200 will not be affected.

Also one other thing I would suggest if you do not already do it is when doing any updating they are done one at a time and at the end you do a Soft Reset. A Soft Reset is turn the unit on and when working Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go. If you see white writing you have held the button down too long.

Doug